About applying Minoxdil after Hair Transplant -=[H.S]=-

I recently got HT on 17th Dec 2010. After 7 days My doctor asked me to apply Minoxdil 10%. I want to know whether it is appropriate to start with 10% straightway ? Whether our body develop resistance against it if we continue to use it for long period of time ?

Please Solve my query I will be really Obliged .

Most doctors recommend waiting 2 weeks before applying minoxidil, and I sure wouldn't hit it with 10% first. The last thing you want to do is irritate the grafts. I'd start with 5% first and then go with the 10% after about another month. The higher concentration minoxidil solutions can be very irritating even to healthy skin. Yours needs to FULLY heal before trying something strong.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I generally recommend to my patients to start using 5% Minoxidil at 1 week post-op and after 2 weeks switch to 10%. I also tell them to only use once a day at night before bed. However, many doctors use different protocols and there is often more than one way to get a positive result.

My face gets bloated with Minoxidil and I don't think of using it his time after my HT. Question: will the end result be the same except that it will take longer to achieve it? Is the benefit quicker growth, etc. but after 15 months post-op it makes no difference whether you used it or not?