2165 FUT on 11-29-10, Dr. Brian Goertz

ht46

I'm 46 years old and live in the Seattle, Washington area. I wanted to stay local for my HT, despite all the justifiably good reviews of Hasson & Wong in Vancouver, BC. Even though there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on any discussion forums about Dr. Goertz, after my initial consultation, I decided to take a chance. Consider me your Guinea Pig. All is good so far, but it's only been 16 days.

If anyone is interested, you can follow along with my progress on my blog site.

Hair Restoration Site for ht46

Edited by ht46

ht46,

Welcome to the community! I no nothing of Dr. Goertz but the work looks very clean and refined.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I look forward to following your progress.

Happy Growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

You sure don't look 46! Do you live near the fountain of youth :D

That's a lot of grafts for such a small area. I hope the bloodflow gets reestablished OK. Other than that, it looks like great work. Keep us updated.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

You sure don't look 46! Do you live near the fountain of youth :D

That's a lot of grafts for such a small area. I hope the bloodflow gets reestablished OK. Other than that, it looks like great work. Keep us updated.

Thanks. It's a bigger area than it looks. Grafts fade into existing hairline about 1", which from what I've read is somewhat controversial (and a little scary). That area has always had less density than the rest of my head, but there is very little if any miniaturization in that area, so the follicles should be strong enough to withstand the trauma. So far, no problems so I'll remain confident. My scalp at this point, including the incision, feels almost completely normal, which surprises me. I'll post photos again at the 1 month mark, 12/29.

Grafts fade into existing hairline about 1", which from what I've read is somewhat controversial (and a little scary).

OK, that's better. To me it looked like an area about 1/2-3/4 inch tall. You should be A-OK then!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 2 weeks later...

So I've made it to the 1-moth point, and as expected, a lot of the transplanted hairs grew out to 1/4"+, then fell out, so I look pretty much like I did pre-op. But quite a few of the transplants are still present. Overall my scalp feels fine. A little lingering semi-numbness in a small patch in the front forelock area, but it's improving. I can't feel the incision with my fingers anymore. My biggest fear was shock loss to existing healthy hair since the grafts were placed about 1" into the existing hairline, but at 1 month there has fortunately been no problem with that. Most interestingly, there appears to be new hairs pushing through -- or could these be remnants of the transplanted hairs? They seem to be firmly rooted when tugged with tweezers. What do you think? postop1month_122910_closeup.jpg

• 1 month later...

I started getting "bumps" like ingrown hairs at 5 weeks. At 6 weeks a few hairs were starting to poke through. The bumps and new sprouts continue here at the 2-month mark. I wasn't expecting to see anything until month 3. Here are closeups of the progress.

postop2month_13011_closeups.jpg.e4e5855b7bc4705bdc30ebd4b5db4a33.jpg

• 2 years later...