Shampoo and Daily Treatment

bln1980

I'm new to the site, and just want to get some treatment opinions. I am 31 years old and have been battling a receding hairline for 7 years, and my hair is been thinning all over for the last 3-5 years. I have used Rogaine off and on for the last few years, and used propecia 1mg about a year ago for about 4 months, but quit because of side effects.

I recently saw a Dr. to discuss all of my options including a transplant. He aid I have great hair, but if I don't do something I will definitely lose it. He prescribed propecia again, but said I should cut it in 1/4's (.25 mg) each day. He is confident that reducing the amount will alleviate any side effects. He also said I should use Rogaine foam daily.I have started using both of these, and feel good about them.

As far as shampoos, he said I should use Nizoral 3x per week, and head and shoulders daily. My questions is about the shampoo treatment. I have read a lot of negative info about Head and Shoulders and hair loss. I am thinking of using Nioxin regularly with the Nizoral 3x per week instead of the Head and Shoulders. Has anyone tried this, or are there any recommendations on the best daily shampoo regimen?

Any opinions/advice would be appreciated.

I use Nizoral twice a week and Jason Tea Shampoo the other days . I also use Rogaine foam and generic propecia cut in 1/4's. I lost my hair while using Head and Shoulders so for me it did not prevent hair loss. Good luck

My doctor told me to use a gentle shampoo so i use Pantene which he said was fine for hair.

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru