6 months post op/ kinky;pluggy line- conerns?

So i am six months post op with Dr. Ross (La Jolla), and am beginning to get a bit concerned. I received 2500 grafts in the hairline region. Although there has been an immense improvement, the hairline itself is a bit spacy and pluggy. The hair itself is kinky, dry, and wire like. Its not as bad as it sounds, and I know its still very EARLY, but is there cause for concern here?

Can someone reassure me that I will see an improvement in texture and thickness within the next few months? I have darker hair too, and at this point id rather wear my hair down and cover up the hairline because i think it looks a little obvious

I've seen Dr. Umar (Los Angeles) body hair techniques in placing thinner hair for a more natural look to refine the hairline.. Was wondering if i should start considering..

Anyways, Ive remained optimistic and hopeful this entire 6 months and will keep with the glass is half full mentality

Happy Growing

Thanks guys! any input/advice helps

Cameron

You have to give it more time. 6 months is still very early in the game. It make take another year for the kinky hairs to straighten out. I had a few myself, but they eventually get better.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

As RC pointed out, you have a lot of growing to go and your hair will continue to mature as well as straighten out. There's no need for you to start planning more surgery just yet.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Just chiming in to say I had a lot of weird kinky hairs for the first year and then then subtley straighened out over time.

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

^ Actually that also sounds like an accurate description of my sex life from age 20 until now: ("started out kinky, got kind of straight and boring once I got married")

My Hairloss Blog »

• 1 month later...

I'm coming up on a year and my hairs are still wiry, wavy, and course...and the spaces between the hair is large to my ye, and the overall density is much less than the hair in back...the whole thing (3,000 follicles) is a lot thinner than I thought it would be, or had hoped. Not completely happy with it becuase I used to, and wanted to gel my hair back, but can't because you can see the scalp when I do.

I'm coming up on a year and my hairs are still wiry, wavy, and course...and the spaces between the hair is large to my ye, and the overall density is much less than the hair in back...the whole thing (3,000 follicles) is a lot thinner than I thought it would be, or had hoped. Not completely happy with it becuase I used to, and wanted to gel my hair back, but can't because you can see the scalp when I do.

Who did you surgery? What was your Norwood?

My Hairloss Blog »