Dermabrasion vs. Microdermabrasion

So I'm one step closer to shaving it all off now and I need a way to smooth out my bumpy hairline. I've heard dermabrasion is the way to go but I don't want to go that route if I don't have to. Has anyone had experience with microderm?

Can it even out my recipient skin tone and smooth out the skin at the same time?

Is permanant redness a possibility?

What is the bumpy hairline from? Transplants? Either way, it depends on HOW bumpy it is. Microdermabrasion is very mild, while dermabrasion goes a lot deeper. Compare it like 120 grit sandpaper vs. 400 grit :D Hope that helps some!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Yeah I have 1000 FUE and still a good bunch of native hair, I just want my skin to be back to normal. However not many forums have a good repair section and it is pretty hard to get any feedback on this topic.

My skin isn't extremely bumpy but you can tell in the right light. I have minor ro moderate pits as well which is the real issue.

CHB88,

I apologize if I'm not completely up to date on your situation, but have you considering consulting with any hair restoration physicians about actually removing the grafts or a second procedure to strengthen and possibly smooth out the hairline?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

The problem is that I wear my hair short (#1 fade on the sides) and I opted for FUE not knowing how bad my hair loss actually was. It seems I will be at least a NW5 and now I have 1000 grafts in the hairline.

FUE can't fill this gap and I don't want a strip scar. I'm also really sick and tired of worrying about my hair.

Unfortunately no one seems to be able to direct me in terms of repair. I've contacted Dr. Cole's office and they seemed to be very thorough but a bit overcondifent. I've seen some of his similar repairs and the horseshoe scar in the hairline after 1 year is very apparant.

If I had to deal with shaving my hairline every day I'd much rather do that than have a horseshoe scar there. My skin is a bit discolored with some slight pitting as well but I was hoping fraxel or dermabrasion would help.

I've been searching for answers but I haven't been getting anywhere the past 3 weeks.