Sagittal vs lateral slit techniques

The whole hair transplant industry is based on these two techniques, some using lateral slit exclusively such as H&W, and some insist to use sagittal and sometimes lateral like SMG as i noticed... all what i know is with sagittal its more natural and doesnt require shaving and no risk of intersecting other natural hairs, however lateral its a technique of illusion, by implanting hair against the nature of exisiting hair to intersect the other hair to give a feeling of fullness.

Some say sites with lateral slit...

Maintaining a healthy blood circulation in the recipient area.This is done by limiting the depth of the incision in the recipient skin such that it does not affect the circulation of the skin. In the lateral slit technique the incision is shallower than with sagital incisions.

Reducing compression of grafts, which occurs when many grafts are transplanted at high density.

In traditional sagital (front to back) incisions the pressure that the grafts exert on the site walls of the incision are all added together by the pressures produced by its neighboring grafts.

In the lateral slit technique the pressure is exerted in an up and down direction.

In this plane there is free expansion into the area above the scalp, and the individual pressures executed by each graft do not affect the pressures executed by neighboring grafts.

But in the other hand... I read that sagittal has advantages too...

parallel incisions between existing hairs minimized the chance of severing existing hair follicles. Many also felt that since blood vessels in the scalp ran vertically that incisions made parallel to these vessels would severe fewer blood vessels and thus create less disruption to the scalp.

Im kinda confused, pleas advice more. I think thats the ultimate secret of the industry.

Don007,

While your question appears legitimate, what the majority of members can't see is that you share the same IP address as two accounts (NAS007 and ANTONIOV) I just banned for attempting to manipulate this community and stir controversy against Hasson and Wong. The topic can be found at "Dr. Hasson or Dr. Ron Shapiro".

It's obvious that you have an agenda to tarnish their good name though I have no idea why. But as the administrator of this community, know that I'm tracking all the IP addresses you use and this will ultimately lead me back to your identity. At that point, I will release the information to Hasson and Wong and let them deal with you.

Thus, I strongly encourage you to cease and desist and go about your merry way. Legitimate questions are always welcome, but hidden agendas to tarnish or harm a someone's reputation is not.

Regards,

Bill

Mr 007, you seem sincere in your desire to repair your previous HT and research the differences in techniques between clinics.

Here is the best advice I can give you: Call back or email Joe & Matt Z and apologize for acting like an ass and just come clean about who you are and what your situation is. I'm sure they'd be happy to help you and to answer all your questions if you just show a little maturity. This whole community is here to help but if you start pissing off the best clinics you may find yourself barred from the best clinics... So just start over with those guys, send an apology, send photos, have a real consultation, and see what each clinic recommends for you.

And in the meantime you should use these forums in an appropriate way. Your question about sagittal vs lateral slits is a good one. Maybe you'll get some good responses.

"Ciao"

Edit: I just saw Bill already responded while I was typing. Bill, I don't think this guy is out to tarnish anyone, I think he truly wants to know the differences in technique between SMG & H&W, he just went about very poorly. I almost pity the guy.

Edited by estwald

i beleive the yield of hairs is the same with both methods and the difference comes with the illusion of density lateral slit gives a better illusion as the hairs run verticaly ie fanning out ove the area that needs to be covered???

personaly i think when a combination is used you get a better result.... but then again its so hard to tell with out actually counting who knows?????

results speak for them selves if the drs in question get consistant good results then the method is irrelevent????

Among those mentioned, what is the recommended method for a second HT into the hairline to boost density that does not require shaving?

Depending on how things turn out I'm considering a second one after I see the final results.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Estwald,

I appreciate your comments, but if this guy was legitimate and just went about it the wrong way, then why would he create a pseudo second account answering his own questions (click here). While this posters agenda is a bit inconspicuous, the creation of multiple accounts makes his agenda more obvious. By creating topics with seemingly genuine questions and then answering them in favor of one particular clinic over the other, he is attempting to steer members and guests away from the other clinic. We always welcome members to share their genuine opinions including which clinics they favor. However, manipulation and covert tactics are highly frowned upon by this community and prohibted according to our terms of service.

I hope this helps make his agenda more clear.

Best wishes,

Bill

P.S. Poster's agenda aside however, because the topic itself is legitimate and worth discussing, I've left it open for legitimate members to provide their genuine feedback.