Early Growth and Pimple Question

I've been getting some very early growth as I'm just 6 weeks post-op. However, I thought I was supposed shed the hair by now and then it is supposed to remain dormant for a couple months.

The new growth are weird, straggler-like hairs but there are quite a few of them actually. They look pretty silly. I'm wondering if these are to be the actual hairs that will be growing in.

I don't have a camera that is good enough to detect them otherwise I'd take pics.

My second question is about the pimples I've been getting. Can I burst them? These aren't just normal pimples, they're the big, under the skin ones that swell and cause discomfort. I burst a few of them because they were just too big and as expected there was a lot of blood.

Must I leave them alone when they get super big like that? Do I have anything to worry about in terms of graft yield should I burst the pimples?

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

I'm just under 6 weeks and about half the transplanted hair shed within 3 weeks. The rest seems to be growing really well. Mine looks a little goofy too not that I'm complaining.

No experience with pimples though...

Every once in a while a patient will not shed their transplanted hair. There is nothing wrong with this if you've been taking care to follow your post-op cleaing instructions given by your doctor but occasionally this can be the result of "babying" the grafts too much. We always recommend vigorous shampooing after roughly the first week to help get the hairs out that should be out. Assuming you have not been babying the grafts you should count yourself lucky:)

Regarding the pimples, I'm going through this myself, in spades, and it is a good thing as it means that growth is happening. In fact, I got my first one four weeks and 2 days post-op which is a personal record:) If they don't come to a whitehead you should leave them alone but if they do then you can squeeze them out. However, be sure to have some sort of antibacterial ointment nearby to dab on the spot once you're done just in case. Neosporin is usually good for this.

Of course you should ultimately call your clinic and follow their recommendations.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I noticed a few pimples after my 2nd operation. There were a couple under the skin that were just a bit red and I could feel them but I left those alone and they eventually went away. There was only one time that I got a really huge big red cyst like pimple and very painful. I chose to pop that one after a few days. I did the warm towel to it and then popped it using a sterile needle that I boiled for 5 minutes. A light tap with the needle is all it took. First puss started coming out followed by a steady stream of blood. I just hope I didn't do any serious damage.

1st HT: 3271 Grafts (6167 Total Hairs) with Dr. Ron Shapiro on 15 Jan 2009: 31cm length strip x 1.75cm width (1's - 835, 2's - 2000, 3's - 412, 4's - 24)

2nd HT: 2631 Grafts (4574 Total Hairs) with Dr. Ron Shapiro on 10 Aug 2010: 34cm length strip x 1.7cm width (1's - 943, 2's - 1440, 3's - 241, 4's - 7)