How many grafts would I need?

I'm 24 and I've stabilized my hair loss with generic dutasteride and spectral dnc l. I have attached two pics. The first is from a year ago, and the second is from today.

Last year I was told I needed a minimum of 2500 grafts. Do you guys think I could get decent coverage with a minimum of 1500 grafts now? I basically just want to fill in my temples, and I have no hair loss in the crown area. I know the second pic is poor quality.

Thanks for any advice.

5b32cbaa7075e_oldpic.jpg.304bd8461669abd84880f090b3625168.jpg

5b32cbaa8a0fb_NewPic.jpg.45b884cfc2c59b6ebcfa9fb682de5c42.jpg

Montrose,

Why don't you try and estimate the number of grafts you could require with our hair loss learning center graft calculator? It should give you a rough idea of the amount of grafts you may need. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

That is actually pretty good for frontal regrowth with just a dht blocker and a few "other things". Did you use minoxidil?

To your other question, I really think it would be worth your while to go 2500, or you will be dissatisfied with density. Your hair characteristics may make up for a smaller session though.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

That's what I was going to say. That is significant growth for just topicals and dut. If I'd gotten that much growth at your age, I would have definitely held off on surgery. What is your regimen?

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

My whole thing is that I'm tired of wearing hats all the time in public. Right now I just want to have a hair line that I don't have to hide. I want to be able to walk around in public, and not feel self conscious about my hair anymore. That's why I feel a transplant is my best option now that I've stabilized my hair loss.

My regime is internal dutasteride 2-3 times a week, spectral dnc L(minox product in a cream)usually twice a day, msm powder mixed with vitamin c, homemade laser device.

Over the last two months I have added 2% ketoconazole cream twice daily, 2% Miconazole Nitrate once every other day. The last thing I've added dutasteride topically mixed with my minox (liquid spectral dnc) once every other day. The caps dissolve very quickly in the minox.

I use all generics except for the spectral , so the cost of my regime is pretty low.

Your hair characteristics are good for getting maximum coverage with relatively few grafts, but 1500 seems like it might be too few for the area. You've had great success in thickening up the front but you would still benefit from adding density right across that area. I don't think filling in the temples alone would satisfy you, ultimately.

I think your original graft quote would be an appropriate number.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

The crazy thing is that my grandfather basically has a full head of hair in his late 70s. Now my father and my older brother started to lose their hair in their early 20s. Right now they are probably a norwood 6 or 7, but they shave their heads so its hard to tell.

I'm really interested in having a procedure done with acell though. How many doctors are using acell with their transplants now? I know Cooley, Rassman, and Hitzig are using it. Are there any others?