Possibly Last FUT -looking for nonshaving surgeon

N-6

Hi everyone, my donor supply has probably one last strip left (according to 2 recent consults) and I'm looking to have FUT with nonshaving surgeon who will maximize my donor supply (but of course not to the detriment of my scar). Any recommendations? Guess I'm looking for someone who is not considered highly conservative. I live in NY but am willing to travel. Thanks all and Happy Thanksgiving.

Dr. Cooley in North Carolina doesn't require shaving.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thanks guys. I'm looking for someone to maximize what I have. I've heard that T/D and Bernstein are fairly conservative, which is not a bad thing, just possibly incompatible with my goals this last time around. Is this not the a correct impression for me to have? I will definitely look into Cooley.

Dr. True and Dr. Dorin can maximize the amount of grafts you have available, through the FUT procedure, and also possibly through a combined FUE and FUT procedure to get as much as possible, for this last go around. You should come for a consultation so we can see the situation, and see what the best route is.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

N-6,

While I don't have a direct answer, I would recommend two things: first, utilizing the search function to research this topic (as it's fairly popular and has been previously discussed); second, reviewing our recommended hair transplant surgeons, seeing which physicians produce the type of results you're looking for, and then narrowing it down to shave versus non-shave from there. Also, keep in mind that some physicians, to my knowledge, do prefer to shave but will make exceptions at the patient's request.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thehairupthere, thanks, I will consider Dr. True. However, I'm pretty skeptical about doing an FUE procedure at this point. I really want to maximize my grafts, since its my last go around.

Can you upload a photo so we can see what you consider donor hair that has one last strip left? Curious - thanks!

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »