How can you tell the number of grafts transplanted after HT?

I am about to schedule a HT soon. I believe I have done the right research so far, but I don't know how to answer the subject title (question):

How can one tell how many grafts he was transplanted to his bald area after the procedure. How does he know that the doctor didn't actually transplant less and charge more icon_smile.gif

It might be a silly question, but it's just the curiosity that pushes me to ask it.

Thanks

Mathew, welcome to HTN. That's actually a very good question. I believe if you did your research and if you choose a doctor from the coalition, the doctor will not rip you off or charge you more for what we actually transplanted. With that said, go with a reputable doctor and try contacting patients of theirs to get feedback from their experience. Good luck with your future HT.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I think he is a highly rated doctor. I guess that's why I am choosing him, but I don't want to mention his name since indirectly my question might mean doubting his sincerity and again indirectly this might further mean offending him.

I was given a quote, unfortunately that was a very high one for my current financial situation. That said I sent the doctor a very sincere request whether he would be able to afford a moderate discount. I got a 'yes' back, but then I was thinking how do I know that he won't reduce the amount of the grafts ?

That's how I got into the question. Otherwise I don't think I would have even thought of it.

Matt,

Long time ht researchers will know just about every facet of ht surgery. For example, they know how many grafts/hairs will take care of a certain balding area. If a clinic is not producing expected results, they are not going to produce very satisfied patients. Clinics that practice such deceiving tactics are not only performing a disservice to their patients but also to themselves.