Scar Stretching - how can you tell?

I had an FUT done Oct. 1 and my head was very numb for a while but feeling is starting to come back. It has been about 6 weeks and I have finally started going to the gym again, but lately I have noticed 'feeling' and sometimes little jabs of minor pain or irritation back in my donor area.

Dr. Hasson described my strip as about 1cm or so removed (I had very good density, apparently) so I imagine it would not stretch too much. And my gym workouts are all very easy (so far, just jogging and biceps and a little shoulder; I read to avoid back exercises until month 3.) My scar looks the same to me, but I can't really tell since I had a lot of shockloss around it.

So my question is, how do I know if it is stretching when I am moving? Or do you think the pains I feel could be attributed to nerves growing back in the donor area? Anyone with a healed HT know?

(Interestingly enough, there was no work done to my crown but this area seems to be the numbest.)

I doubt you will have any scar stretching from a 1 cm strip. Besides, scar stretching takes time. You wouldn't notice for probably 6-8 months.

Interestingly enough, I only had frontal work done and the very top of my head stayed numb for 6 months.

Congrats on choosing the worlds best! How long was the strip and how many grafts did you have?

Edited by RCWest

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Okay great. Today while running, I again could 'feel' the donor area and recipient area. Maybe it's just sensation returning and is more noticeable when I strike the ground; not too sure.

The strip went all the way around and I had, I believe, a little over 3800, higher than the estimate of 2800-3000.

3800 grafts from that narrow of a strip means you have some really excellent donor hair!

You will feel pulling at the donor site. My back surgery where they didn't remove any skin feels like it's pulling. I believe you'll be fine, but you won't know for a while anyway. Check it around 6-8 months and see.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

waveskier: that's great to hear. When it gets really cold, or when I am seated in a certain position for a long period of time, I feel like my head is tighter and it takes a little bit of movement to get back. Is that normal?

RCWest: Yeah they said something like 'ridiculous density.'