bosley reality

That is very scary even for me and I did not use Bosley. Many people think Bosley is the best due to his heavy marketing on TV

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

I agree it is scary, I came across that site sometime ago in my research.

Wantego, This is by no means a dig at you but anyone who has researched to the extent we all should have before deciding on a doc should know Bosley are the scum of the earth and are amongst the very worst out there.

Originally posted by Maxxy:

Wantego, This is by no means a dig at you but anyone who has researched to the extent we all should have before deciding on a doc should know Bosley are the scum of the earth and are amongst the very worst out there.

I dont take it as a dig. I never considered Bosley but I know the people on these boards are just a minority of the actual number of people getting HT's. Many people that get HT's have no idea about these boards and are deluded with Bosleys TV advertisements. When I decided to get a HT I told one girl friend of mine that I was thinking of getting a HT. She told me Bosley is the best. That is what good advertising does to some people. It is obvious it works since those ads costs a ton of money to be running 24/7 for decades. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Wantego,

Oh I have no doubt people out there will be thinking Bosley are the best for the exact reason you said.

We in the UK have or had the same with a clinic called Norton.

Thank god for forums like these.

Glajo,

I had read your post but didn't realise that you only had 200 grafts removed. (or is this a typo?)

I know opinions differ on this subject but if a doc cut you open for 200 grafts I personally think it's a disgrace.

Even if 200 grafts is all you required, I don't feel a doc should put a patient through the hassle and risks involved for such a low number when other options are available like fue.

Again only my opinion and of course the decision to have the strip took was yours.

If a coalition Dr. did a strip for only 200 grafts then I think this is something Bill should look into. 200 grafts isn't enough to do crap for anyone!

Bosley Suck Ass! Mid 90's prior to real Internet topics on this I got suckered for 3 of about 500 each. luckily I required that the grafts were used behind my existing hairline so their work wasn't noticible. Dr. Alexander has since fixed me up good. They took the donor from way lower then they should have as well. Hope to get those revised later like spex did. F@#& Bosley.

by the way I am not asking any more the estinguished doctors here to evaluete my HT example for affidavit of merit

It is too late.

Message for all potential patients.

No HT doc.I ever spoken to was willing, inspite of the abuse of my rights as a patient,the butchery performed on me ,to help me seek justice.

It could happen to you.

I have had three hair transplants with Bosley, the first two around 1999- 2001, and the most recent one about three months ago. I feel the results from my first two procedures were reasonable, certainly nothing like the horror stories cited by some other patients. After discovering this site after my third procedure, I wish I had done more investigation before going back to Bosley. I had nearly 2,000 grafts, and it seems that most have not shed or grown. I am a bit nervous that these initial results seem out of the norm, but all I can do is wait and hope.

I don't doubt that Bosley has many unhappy customers, and that going to a "proven" doctor is better than taking a chance with a hair mill type firm like Bosley. However, I wonder whether Bosley has such a high number of people complaining about their results, at least in part, because Bosley has performed a much higher percentage of procedures relative to most other doctors. Also, happy Bosley customers may be less likely to report their results on the web because they were probably sucked in by Bosley's TV commercials and other traditional marketing strategies.

I did research my Bosley doctor for my most recent procedure (Dr. Gossard at Bosley's Beverly Hills Office), and he appears to be a very experienced surgeon who had only performed HT procedures for the last eight years. That being said, I remain very apprehensive about the procedure. No results so far, but it is still early. I just wish I experienced normal shedding like most everyone else. At least then I would feel like everything has gone normally so far.

Originally posted by wantego:
Originally posted by Maxxy:

I dont take it as a dig. I never considered Bosley but I know the people on these boards are just a minority of the actual number of people getting HT's. Many people that get HT's have no idea about these boards and are deluded with Bosleys TV advertisements. When I decided to get a HT I told one girl friend of mine that I was thinking of getting a HT. She told me Bosley is the best. That is what good advertising does to some people. It is obvious it works since those ads costs a ton of money to be running 24/7 for decades. icon_smile.gif

I so agree with Wantego. Never underestimate the power of marketing. Rational personality like an accountant or engineer, would not be fooled by marketing, but unfortunately they are only about 15-20% of the population. Sorry for being brutally honest, but the rest of the population are sheeps waiting to be slaughtered by the marketing gurus. I work as a mortgage broker, and you can't believe what people are willing to pay extra in order to deal directly with a well advertised bank. Who cares about the reputation of bank, you are dealing about a freaking mortgage here, the bank is LENDING you money, not the other way around. The ironic thing is that if they deal directly with me, i can then send them back to their own bank, and they would save 1000$/year...

Hey, if some sheeps can be saved on this board, I consider my due to HTN is done.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

power of advertising guys icon_biggrin.gif

while we discuss this Bosley collects your email addresses from this site,if possible,as Bosley collected mine.They did not read my posts... icon_frown.gif f*** they don't care about that,they care I am on HT web...look what they sent me icon_biggrin.gif

We recently mailed you an offer to receive a special price on a hair restoration procedure at Bosley. In case you missed it, we are pleased to offer you a 2nd chance to receive significant savings on a procedure from the company recognized as the world's most experienced hair restoration expert. Hurry, this offer is only available for a limited time.

It's easy to participate. Simply call us to schedule your no cost consultation. You will meet with one of our Senior Counselors and learn more about the Bosley hair restoration experience. Once you decide to have a procedure, a Bosley physician must determine that you are a candidate. If you've already seen a Bosley physician and were determined to be a candidate, simply call to schedule your procedure.

If you can fit into one of our available Stand-By slots, the price is just $4.75 per graft.

In order to qualify for this offer, you must have your procedure performed by December 31, 2008.

Don't miss out! Call us today! at 1-800-284-3921

Program details:

' The Stand-By option is only available to recipients of this offer.

' If interested and qualified, you may book an available Stand-By appointment slot or you

' can elect to be placed on our Wait List for future Stand-By availability.

' The price is $4.75 per graft, with an 800-graft minimum.

' For procedures less than 800 grafts, the cost is $3800 or Bosley's standard fees,

' whichever is less.

' Want more grafts? With MD approval, additional grafts are only $4.75 each.

' This program offer cannot be combined with any other Bosley offer.

' Financing is available on approved credit

HEY BOSLEY stick your offer somewhere else!!!!

John,

You are incredibly good at creating unnecessary panic. Email addresses registered with this site are completely private.

The only way anyone can find out your email address is if you add it to the "Display Email" field on your public profile or if you publish it in one of your forum posts.

I hope that makes you (and everyone else) feel more secure about your privacy on this forum.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill

I said

"while we discuss this Bosley collects your email addresses from this site,if possible,as Bosley collected mine

To collect mine is easy,it is out there public just as my face is.

I said if they can Bill.

Where else did I create panic? icon_smile.gif

It is good that you reminded the members that their emails are safe.

Thanks Bill