Curious about post op shed experiences

Hey guys,

I am into the third week since my first procedure and noticing some hairs shedding, which is obviously expected and normal.

What seems to be happening is that rather than the hair being completely booted out from the root, the hair seems to be 'snapping off' leaving a stuble of a hair remaining (maybe 1mm long).

Does anyone know what this is as i am wondering if I'm likely to keep these until the new growth starts up and pushes through, they will continue to grow or whether they will also probably shed as well?.

My story and post op pics can be found on click through to my profile but really dont wanna start a debate on FUE Vs Strip or doctor Vs doctor or anything like that.

There is a strong chance that the remaining stuble will also shed. You may get lucky and have a handful of hairs that do not shock and just start growing. What you are experiencing is quite common and you should not waste to much time worrying. As long as you are now healed I would recommend not thinking about the transplant for a few months. Go about your life as you did before the procedure. Remember that staring in the mirror does not make the hair grow any faster.

Dr Charles & Sparky, many thanks for your replies which is really reassuring. I think you hit the nail on the head Dr Charles and will try to put the mirror down now.

Sparky, absolutely, I will update the profile regularly when stuff happens. Im going to post today pics for 2 weeks post op. As its all starting to shed now these might be last until I see some new growth.