Post HT questions

Hi

I have some questions which I would be grateful for a response to:

1. Does the hair which is shaved in the transplanted area grow back or is it damaged by the transplant process so that only the implanted hairs grow?
  2. When do the newly transplanted hairs begin to grow, how long after the initial tranplanted hairs fall out?
  3. How short can one cut or clipper ones hair before a relativley recent doner scare will be visible (i guess this depends on the hair type and colour) but would say grade three with clippers be ok (fair straight hair)? After the scalp of the transplanted area has healed one is will often be left with a rather strange hair style (if shaved) in my case with the front shaved and then sudden thick hair. Ideally the best hair style for this is very short but I donit want it so short that my scar is showing.

Any advice and other experiences appreciated.

Thank you for your reply Spex and the guide post is useful.

A couple more questions for anyone who can answer,:

What is the normal amount of time for the transplanted hairs to fall out? Is it ok to encourage them to come out after 2 weeks ( if they are not going to grow which i understand they do not then I'd rather they came out sooner rathern than later).

I was not prescribed any medication following my HT. I expressed to the surgeon a preferance against trying such medications 1st before having HT but would be prepared to have post surgery if it improves the results ultimately. Should I ask for it? (i've asked the surgeon this question but not had a reply yet).

cheers