Help! 5 wks. post-op and I hit my head

I don't think I need to worry, but wanted someone to reassure me before I call the Dr. and they think I am a crazy patient.

I was getting something out of the trunk of my car and it was not completely raised and I SLAMMED the top of my head on it. :eek:

It hurt really bad but I immediately ran inside to a mirror and it was just a little red...does not look like any skin was broken.

Please tell me I didn't mess up chances for growth for that section of my head that was hit!?

THANKS!!

I couldn't say for certain but I'd imagine you'd be fine! I've seen a few people who've cut their heads open and generally given their grafted heads a bit of rough and tumble, but hair follicles are pretty sturdy and five weeks in there shouldn't be much chance of damage!

Let's not forget those little follicles survived being cut out, split up, handled and put back into your scalp! If you're worried you can always phone your doctor to double check what they say but I'd imagine at 5 weeks in they'd be tough enough to handle it; it certainly wouldn't cause any damage with normal follicles so I'd hazard a guess the recently grafted ones should be fine too!

IMO you are COMPLETELY fine. Those bad boys are locked in at about 7-10 days. By locked in, I mean they cannot be removed unless you have them surgically removed. Surely, by 5 weeks, I am just that more confident that you did nothing more than a good ole bump to the noggin'. No need to worry. Relax :)

LadyNeedsHair,

I can confirm what others have already said. I'm sure you'll be fine. at 5 weeks post-op your grafts are well protected and firmly in place. Since you didn't break the skin I see no reason why your growth will be affected.

NOW BE CAREFUL! :)

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website