HT doner area size

hairloon

The length of the wound/scar from my TP of 2060 FU is much larger than I expected (I never asked the specific question before operation). I measured it as 26 cm or 10 inches running in line from the front part of the ear to ear. Is this normal? It makes me wonder how for a person having many more FUs, how they manage. It's the end of day 5 and I must say I am still finding the doner area wound is quite painful and so I am finding it necessary to constantly take painkillers but I understand this is not abnormal. Swelling finally eased off this pm.

By the way I just want to take this opportunity to say I think this site is offering a great service in informing people preventing a lots of poor FT for people. Personally I have found been extremely helpful. So thank you to those behind it!:)

Hairloon,

Generally, a hair transplant scar that extends from the center of the ear, across the back of the scalp, and to the center of the other ear is considered within the universal safe donor region. It sounds like your scar falls within this space. Additionally, keep in mind that a longer section may have been taken in order to keep the strip narrow and reduce scarring as a result. Please feel free to ask any additional questions!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.