HT Post-OP Gym and Hat question

I am 3 weeks and 2 days post-op. Am i safe to wear a tight hat to the gym and sweat my nuts off without damaging the recipient area?

I see that the general consensus on this subject is that the grafts are completely secured around Day 10 or 11, most would agree by 2 weeks. But, we're all a little OCD here, right? (checking the mirrors, checking the pillows, checking anything that comes in contact with the recipient area to hopefully not discover dislodged grafts).

Just wanted to make sure though! Also, After they are secure, does it matter if im more rough with washing the recipient area in the shower? Ok thanks!

the reasons behind most men waiting unitll 2months to go to the gym is to minimise scar stretching....

by 2 weeks the grafts are solid and can only be removed surgicaly...

how ever sun bathing should be avoided up to 5 months ...

also workouts can increase pressure in the scalp and result in slower healing and bleeding...

i read a post a few weeks ago by some one who had this problem i would say you would be safer waiting to ar least 1.5months post op to resume gym

and then be carefull not to pressure both the donor and recipient sites... take it steady and do light activities and try not to stress the woud sites

another month or 2 will not hurt you and it may save you from getting a fat scar at the end of the day....

who was your surgeon?:D

Thanks for all the advice j1!

I think 1.5 months is a good idea too, I think i'll only do light exercises (no gym, just walking) till then.

My surgeon was Dr. Pak (under Dr. Rassman) in Los Angeles.

3100 grafts in 2/09.

2000 grafts in 10/10.