Shampoo after HT

I have done my HT on 21st September 2010. From that day onwards i am doing shampoo regularly while taking bath.

For how many days, shall i do shampoo regularly to my hair? Can i switch to shampoo once in 2/3 days ?

First and foremost, go back to the post-op instructions that your HT doctor or staff provided you. You could easily call them if you cannot find them. The reason I say call your doctor back is because some doctors favor the use of certain post-op shampoo products like Graftcyte, Tricomin, etc which can advance the healing process.

Otherwise, most clinics will advise you to shampoo daily by applying the suds to the grafted area, being very careful not to rub off your crusts too early. Simply rinse off by pouring room temperature water over the area. Do not use high pressure to rinse.

For most patients, the crusts remain for 8-10 days post-op, then they are ready to remove by gently rubbing them while wet in the shower. After roughly three days post-op, it is very difficult to lose your grafts.

Best wishes to you as you heal...

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I have done my HT on 21st September 2010. From that day onwards i am doing shampoo regularly while taking bath.

For how many days, shall i do shampoo regularly to my hair? Can i switch to shampoo once in 2/3 days ?

Any updates mayne? has some grafts fell out?