Donor Area Infected?

jambalapamb

Hi All,

I had my HT on 05/08/10 with DR. Madhu. I have redness in m donor area. I have also itching around the scar area. I am attaching my donor area photos can you guys give me your valuable suggestions I did send my photos to Dr.madhu asking for his advice but i want to get your input as well and one more thing I am hitting Jim should I stop it if i have infection will there be any effect in going to Jim at this point of time , when I am doing workout I have bit of uneasiness around donor area. I am still waiting on my doctors reply. If this is an infection what are the cautions I have to take care I am just worried If any one have any suggestions will be great to hear it will help others who are going to have future HT as well thats the reason for me to start this new thread

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

go back to a dr and have it diagnosed....

but to give you some info, when my donar strip scar became red and itchy and bled a little even at just under 3 months i had folliculitis in may be 5 hairs around and in my donor scar....

folliculitis is cause by an infection on the hair follicle in the scar and its often caused by the trauma of the surgery in the strio area and many hairs that get displaced that try to find a way out of the hard scar tissue get inflamed and itchy.... itching or scratting the site of inflamation often gives rise to infection as a break in the skin around the trapped follicle allows infection in......

this is what i did....

i went to a dr who plucked the infected hairs out i then ran a course of antibiotics and rubbed a antibiotic lotion and hydrogen peroxide on the inflamed areas and it whent away...

keep towles clean,wash all hats and shower after exercise or swetting and dont itch....

how ever go see your dr as it may just be nothing have it diagnosed before you start treating

hope this helped

Jam,

It's a bit difficult to tell from the photographs, but, like j said, I would see a physician and get this diagnosed as soon as possible. You don't want to risk any sort of infection post operatively, and a doctor could probably diagnose and treat this quickly. Good luck! Please keep us updated.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.