How many graphs does my head need?!?

okay so i turn 25 on June 21st, and i have an obvious receding hairline in the front. I have never taken a single pill nor foam or anything for my hairloss. I'm kind of bothered by the extreme side effects some people are having on these "cures"...

i attached a few pix with my hair combed back so u can really see my hairline..

thanks to everyones reply!!

Picture0009.jpg.64134ad2001d6cf29e403dc6601e1398.jpg

How Many Graft do u need?

Its really a very important questions for the peoples going for Hair transplant surgery. you may need upto 2000 grafts but it also depend upon ur condition.

Like if you are smoker,your Hiar transplant surgeon should be very careful regarding making your sites as closed sites formation in smoker and Diabetic patients may result in Necrosis because of poor blood supply.

Originally posted by ScottJames:

okay so i turn 25 on June 21st, and i have an obvious receding hairline in the front. I have never taken a single pill nor foam or anything for my hairloss. I'm kind of bothered by the extreme side effects some people are having on these "cures"...

Looks like 1800-2000 would give you a nice hairline. tough to know what's appropriate without knowing more facts, especially your family history of hairloss. set up some consults and you'll get more accurate answers.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

my family does have a history of balding, my dad has a receding hairline but his 'crown' is still full of hair and he just turned 49. However, his brothers are practically all bald.. He has by far, the most hair out of anyone in his family. His dad had a pretty good set of hair also for his age when he died at age 92..

My mom only had one brother and he died when i was 2 so i never got to see his hair outcome, but at the time of his death, he had perfect hair from the pix ive seen.. And he was like late 20's early 30's when he died. but my moms dad had pretty good hair as well for his old age.. I, unfortunately inherited my dads gene. Tall, Slender, balding....haha...

i do not to ANY drugs of any sort, never smoked or anything... i DO drink though...but thats it.. i have no known medical issues..

Picture0012.jpg.6a418945845f267af975052232f9ef12.jpg

Hmmm, tough to say. The thing is, it appears that you haven't had any loss in that frontal tuft, is this correct? Probably ~2K, but it might require more for a dr. to match the density you have in the frontal tuft, other wise the ht would look fake. So it might require more.

You should do a consult. I'll be interested to hear the suggetions.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

you need to ask a doc....at your age though u probably dont want anything to far past 2000. u really need to get over your pill fear tho and get on propecia, otherwise dont even bother with a ht. hairloss is progressive and if you dont do anything about it you will look like a freak going in for ht surgeries every few yrs. from all the docs ive talked to all these sides are blown way out of proportion. in fact, in the clinical trials of propecia, the placebo group had almost as many sides as those who were taking the drug, and those who did complain of sides had them go away after awhile. meaning that the placebo group actually had more sides than the actual group taking propecia, imagine that. 2% were the reports of sides, which is very low and if you type in any drug on good and also type side affectrs u will find a ton of things.

its also important that u get the real thing and take the recomneded dosage. some people buy these generics from the web and create their own dosing plan and wonder why it doesnt work for them. taking it at the same time every day and not cutting up all the pills at once (if u take proscar) is important too. again, from talking to these docs, most of their patients dont report any problems.

taking propecia is a must....if you dont forget about a transplant. I would suggest Ron Shapiro (best for hairlines by far), Alan Feller, Dr. Alexander, and Hasson & Wong if you are looking for surgeons. These four IMO are the "Michael Jordan's of hair transplants. While there are other docs who do great work and may be cheaper and or closer, dont let those be a factor for something you have to live with the rest of your life. I personally wouldn't go to anyone else outside of these four. They are truly "world class". Good luck

but it will work to keep the hair u have...u need to understand this. hairloss is progressive, and if you have mpb, which it looks like u do, the top of your head and crown will start to thin out to eventually even if it hasnt already.

transplanting at your hairline will be a temporary fix, but what happens if u keep receeding, which you most likely will. have u even thought about this, or do u juts think that u will only have temple loss and the rest of your hair will remain the same for the rest of your life?

no i thought about it, but i mean, im just basing my hairs projection like my dads... he has his entire crown intact, no balding yet at all, maybe thinning a bit, but hes 49 so.. and my crown is perfect..just the front is bad...and yes i thought about the progressive receding beyond my frontal hairloss, i guess i just want the quick fix for now and hopefully they'll have a cure by the time my crown starts thinning..icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by ScottJames:

I just wrote a post on how many grafts are needed in a transplant you may find helpful.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861&m=615103223

You could be a hairline case or a front 1/2 case if you are willing to cut your hair short.

One thing you don't want to do is to lower your hairline too low or dense pack in the hairline not knowing your future hair loss.

Being on propecia is an important adjunct to any surgery because it can prevent future thinning. If you definitely don't want to be on propecia you should approach your first hair transplant very conservatively.

I hope this is helpful

Dr. Paul Shapiro