New Hairs Very Thin, normal?

I'm 11-1/2 weeks post op and I have lots of new little hairs coming in, but they are very thin, not at all close to the thickness of the hair in the donor site. Will these eventually get replaced by thicker hair?

Thanks Russ

waveskier,

Perfectly normal! Have no fear. The newly sprouting hairs will start out light and fine in texture and should continue to mature over the coming months.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

im also arond the same time line im at 13weeks,

and i too have alot of hairs popping up that are thin and see though even though i kinda knew the answer you still doubt your self its so odd???

but its always nice to hear the question answered and you mind put at trest cheers TTP........

the way my hair is progressing i have a feeling i may be on of the lucky ones but i dnt want to jinx it so im touching wood as i speak!!!! but if all the hairs get fatter and darker then i should be very happy at 12 months!!!!!

:D:D

Don't worry waveskier....Absolutely normal as TTP also mentioned.

The reassurance of one or more people may help you feel better. So again, don't worry. The hairs may be whispy (finer) at first and then will thicken in diameter as they grow and mature.

This will be a very exciting time for you. You will see lots of little hairs beginning to sprout. Be patient though, sometimes when a 3 haired graft is transplanted, initially one of the hairs may sprout before the other 2, but rest assured, the others will soon follow.

I hope you keep us updated with your progress.

Louise

Lead Hair Transplant Technician for Dr. Cam Simmons at the Seager Medical Group

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians