Cashback or points credit card to finance HT?

jmrc

Hi,

Great forums!

Was wondering if anyone had advice on the best way to pay for a HT?

I saw some credit cards like Chase Freedom have 5% cashback in some categories like gas and groceries.

Has anyone been able to pay for doctor bills with a credit card and get cashback?

I think American Express has some points card where each dollar you spend equals a point or two points. Would paying a doctor for HT qualify for points?

Looking for any way to offset the cost a bit, the best credit card available to pay for HT and get some cashback or points.

If anyone has some ideas or experiences I'd really appreciate it.

jmrc,

While I didn't get any kind of cash back, I charged my hair transplant on one card and then did a balance transfer to a rate of 2.9% (if I remember correctly) for the life of the balance. That was the best I could do at the time.

All the best!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

there are a lo of different posts about paying for HT. A lot of people would like to pay with the credit card.

i highly doubt a HT would count towards points. but that's just my opinion.

Would plastic surgery count? I doubt it.

Well, with certain cards you earn points that can be converted to cash rewards (my Amex and Discover both allow you to do that). It does not matter what you use the card to purchase. That might help you earn back a few hundred dollars.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

No doubt. You may have to accumulate a certain amount of points to redeem, but if you're charging an HT I'm sure you'll have enough. I've done it with my bluecard. On a related note, Chase has a debit card that gives cashback when you use it at grocery stores and I've already recouped about $125.00....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com