What will my results be? 100 FUE grafts on each side to touch up

Hey guys, I had a HT with a very good doctor about 5.5 months ago, and he just did my hairline only. He didn't touch the sides of my head at all, and they really bother me. What sucks is that there was a cap off of 7500 bucks, and it was unlimited grafts. Anyway, I could have perfect sides right now bu I don't, and it's hard to deal with when my hairline is starting to look perfect and my sides are only a month and a half after surgery. Anyway, about the surgery on the sides of my head. Instead of travelling again, I went to a local doctor, who does FUE, He's very professional, and he told me he would do 200 grafts total 100 on each side starting about an inch above my ear, all the way straight up to meet the hairline. This is a very small area, so i just called, and they told me the grafts were 2-4 hairs per graft, which kind of reassured me that it would look okay, but, i'm wondering what 100 grafts looks like, so i can compare it to my surgery to sort of know what to expect when my sides grow out.

If you are happy with the procedure then everything is OK. You have anyways have more filled in later.

My overall suggestion would be to find a doctor to work with long and develop a long-term strategy accordingly. Someone with an overall vision will be a great help in the long run.

What area are you talking about when you say the sides? Do you mean the temple points? (The parts that jut forward into the forehead approximately half way between eyebrows and hairline).

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hey guys, I had a HT with a very good doctor about 5.5 months ago, and he just did my hairline only. He didn't touch the sides of my head at all, and they really bother me. What sucks is that there was a cap off of 7500 bucks, and it was unlimited grafts. Anyway, I could have perfect sides right now bu I don't, and it's hard to deal with when my hairline is starting to look perfect and my sides are only a month and a half after surgery. Anyway, about the surgery on the sides of my head. Instead of travelling again, I went to a local doctor, who does FUE, He's very professional, and he told me he would do 200 grafts total 100 on each side starting about an inch above my ear, all the way straight up to meet the hairline. This is a very small area, so i just called, and they told me the grafts were 2-4 hairs per graft, which kind of reassured me that it would look okay, but, i'm wondering what 100 grafts looks like, so i can compare it to my surgery to sort of know what to expect when my sides grow out.

Certainly he didn't use 2-4 hair grafts on the temple??

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I don't mean to alarm you, but if he used 2-4 hair grafts for temple points you're not going to have very good results. I just had my temple points reconstructed too via fue, and dr. feller made sure to use ONLY 1 hair grafts. Top doctors will only use single hairs for hairlines and temple points as they look the most natural. I hope you are mistaken in your information. Please do post some pics.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Are you sure that he did grafts with multiple hairs for the temple points? Most HT doctors do not do that.

Well, i'm not sure. I called today and asked the receptionist if I could talk to him. I told her my question and she basically just said that each graft is between 2-4 hairs, but I'm thinking she was just saying that about a regular procedure, which i'm guessing isn't done on the area I got mine done in that much. I really could care less if he did 4 hair grafts or 1 hair grafts, as long as that area is filled in, basically I mean that I want the area he placed them in to be covered so that my scalp doesn't show. What do you guys think?

I know it must be annoying to have to start at the beginning and watch this area grow in when your hairline is already done, but it's a small area and once the redness fades there shouldn't be much of a sign of anything going on there. I mean it won't be the same experience as having to watch your hairline grow in.

100 grafts per side is quite a conservative number for the area, which as small as it is in comparison to the usual areas covered by a transplant, still usually requires more than 100 grafts. But if 2-4 hair grafts were used this could mean that the actual coverage will be greater than with a procedure in which only single hair grafts are utilized (perhaps that's stating the obvious). Single hair grafts would normaly be used (as has already been said) but I don't think you need to worry about it looking terrible. Worst case scenario, I think, would be that you'd need to add some single hairs to improve the result. Also, the majority of grafts will almost certainly be 2's rather than 4's, unless the doc specifically chose the largest clusters.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I know it must be annoying to have to start at the beginning and watch this area grow in when your hairline is already done, but it's a small area and once the redness fades there shouldn't be much of a sign of anything going on there. I mean it won't be the same experience as having to watch your hairline grow in.

100 grafts per side is quite a conservative number for the area, which as small as it is in comparison to the usual areas covered by a transplant, still usually requires more than 100 grafts. But if 2-4 hair grafts were used this could mean that the actual coverage will be greater than with a procedure in which only single hair grafts are utilized (perhaps that's stating the obvious). Single hair grafts would normaly be used (as has already been said) but I don't think you need to worry about it looking terrible. Worst case scenario, I think, would be that you'd need to add some single hairs to improve the result. Also, the majority of grafts will almost certainly be 2's rather than 4's, unless the doc specifically chose the largest clusters.

Well, then, that really upsets me. I specifically told the doctor who was touching up my sides that the doctor before did NOT do the sides and I wanted them done, I wanted them filled in. I paid close to 8K to get my hairline done (unlimited grafts for the price I paid), so I have a great hairline job, but my sides go back quite far to be honest with you. I'm not sure how it will look with my hairline perfect and my sides normally like they are, but when I got a HT, since I am so young, and since I hadn't lost too much hair, I knew that I could have easily had my hairline and sides done in the same surgery. Not only am I upset after one surgery, I am anxious to see if the second surgery i thought would "fix" everything actually improves the situation like I wanted it to.

Well, you can't change what has already been done. Make the best of it and wait and see what happens.

My suggestion would be to find a surgeon that you can work with long term for here forward. There are many great surgeons on this forum. A long-term view and plan are critical.