Hair transplant growing well, worried about a small patch that's not growing much

I had a hair transplant on the 25th of March. It was done ONLY to my hairline, and it was around 2500+ grafts. Now, my hair has not only started growing back, but it is thick, almost to the level it was before i started losing my hair. My scalp is covered now in my hairline area, so the hairs are getting thick and maturing. I am however, concerned about a small area on the right side of my hairline that is clearly thinner than the rest of my hairline. There are hairs, and they are the same length and look the same thickness, it just doesn't look like they're as numerous as the rest of my hairline. I am wondering if anyone has experienced this, and if so, what was the final result? Anyone with a Hair Transplant knows how once your hair starts growing, when you stand in certain lights, the scalp can be seen. The scalp is shown less and less as the grafts start to mature. Well, my hairline has pretty much covered up my scalp, except for this area, which shows when light is shined on it. Since it has only been 5 and a half months, are my concerns valid?

iceman,

Congratulations! At 5.5 months, it sounds as if you are experiencing quite a bit of growth. Rest assured however, that you still have plenty more to come. It's not unusual for one side to lag behind in growth. It is very possible that it will eventually catch up. You'll have to wait up to one year before seeing the final results.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. Not only is it common to have asymmetrical hair loss, but one side growing in soonoer than the other following a hair transplant procedure is also more common than both sides coming in at the same time. Hang in there and give it some time. You could always do a little touch up if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

I had asymmetrical regrowth on all four of my HT procedures. That's why it takes at least one full year to not only have the transplanted follicles begin growing again, but to also gain some length considering the average growth rate of 1/2 inch per month.

I think you will be just fine once you hit the one year mark. Happy growth to you...

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY