DHT count?

guys, I was wondering is it possible to get test for dHT count in the body as they do sperm/testosterone count during fertility tests? when I was on Finasteride regimen , i did fertility test as my wife and me were thinking of starting a family. I had phenomenal results with finasteride alone and I had full head of hair. But my test showed 10,000 count of testosterone. after i quit it for 3 months, that count went up to 82000. so after fricking 2 years, i just realized if there is a test to measure DHT ?

Yes you can measure a patients DHT levels. The two most common methods of measuring DHT as well as many other hormone levels is through a blood draw or a saliva panal. In my experience saliva panals are more accurate in determining a patients available hormone levels including DHT and Testosterone.

Dr., I never knew saliva secretes hormones? That is new to me after several years of personal study. :confused: I know testosterone is deactivated by the addition of hydroxyl groups and it degraded in the liver, but the emission of DHT in saliva is new to me.

--------------------------------------------

Diagrams (Effects of DHT): Click Here

DHT is dihydrotesterone, a super testosterone if you will. You do want good high

levels for fertility, however high levels can be associated with Prostate

Cancer (esp after age 50) Blood draw is the most common measure of it.

I wonder, do high DHT levels equate with a higher probably of baldness?

Or higher Norwood scores? Or not?