sebaceous cyst/glands after HT

Hi all,

I'm having sebaceous cysts in the recipient area. I am approx. 6 months post-op at the moment. One or two cysts did come up one or two months after the HT, but I didn't took it too serious. At the moment I have 2 larger one, where the hair also did fall off.

Does anyone experienced this also and how did you cure it !

Cysts can occur spontaneously in lots of people. I take off 2 or 3 a week that a nearby Dermatologist sends over. And some families are just "cysty". Cysts can also occur after trauma, either incidental or surgical. Back in the old days I think cysts were more common as bigger minigrafts sometimes were placed at an angle and skin grew under the nearby skin causing a cyst.

I specifically discuss cysts as part of the consent process PREOP, and I have not had a cyst come back to me at least since 2003; and even then I am not sure it was from hair work.

So while it is one of the most common risks...it is not that common. Stop back in to your doctor for a check.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

dr. lindsey thanks for your reply.

I had 2 big HTs. One in the front area, where I didn't had any problems. And the last one was on the crown area, where I have the cysts now :(

Maybe the fact that hairs in the crown area are placed in a lower angle, increases the risk for cysts.

For me, now the main important thing is to cure it. Because I lost some implanted and full grown hairs due to these cysts. I hope they will grow back?

Do you have any idea how I can cure it ?

My friend hit the top of his head in 1994 and has a 1 inch diameter cyst to this day. He never bothered having it drained.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D