Help Needed - Hair Transplant

Hello Everyone

I am 25 year old experiencing hair loss for about 4 years.

I need your support guys I am planning for a hair transplant and my profile pic shows my degree of hair loss.

I have gone through different forums and wasn't able to get genuine reviews.

I am from Pasadena, Los Angeles area could you guys please suggest me quality physicians and obviously nominal cost.

Can I get a rough idea of what the cost would be for my case. Cost does matter on density and hair..but a rough idea would be helpful.

Help Me guys i want more hair :D:)

Thanks Guyss!

What do you consider nominal cost? Fue or Strip? number of grafts needed? Available donor supply?

If you can answer those questions then that would help finding the right doctor. There are many good doctors to choose from. Whether you want one local, international, for the cost, number of sessions, and etc etc.

What are your goals? What do you see your result to be after a transplant?

Edited by Sean
another question

Thanks Sean for your reply

I am actually open to both FUE or Strip...cant actually decide which one but preferably FUE.

As per the grafts I am not sure how many needed to cover my bald area and any info about that would really help.

I would prefer a local doctor and my goals are to cover up the crown area, thats the area where i have lost all my hair.

thanks!

What do you consider nominal cost? Fue or Strip? number of grafts needed? Available donor supply?

If you can answer those questions then that would help finding the right doctor. There are many good doctors to choose from. Whether you want one local, international, for the cost, number of sessions, and etc etc.

What are your goals? What do you see your result to be after a transplant?

romeo09,

If I were you, I'd begin by viewing before and after photos from our recommended physicians by Norwood Scale. Here you can view results and compare them to your expectations. This will give you an idea of how many grafts you may be looking at. You can also use our interactive graft calculator here.

With the average cost of follicular unit transplantation (FUT) being $4 to $6 and the average cost for follicular unit extraction (FUE) being $6 to $10 you can get a pretty good idea of the total cost of your procedure.

I also recommend that you consult our list of prescreened quality hair restoration physicians and schedule a free online consultation where you can get more personalized information.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hello david

thanks for your reply

I have uploaded a couple more of my pics...and on the norwood scale it is IV and V..!!

I am looking at 2500 grafts. I am thinking of FUE nearby Los Angeles so any recommendations from your side.!

09122010023.jpg.17f8842ba303b695fd8b35806300d59b.jpg

09122010024.jpg.9aced2b829ae580eeb7320d21fec9cdc.jpg

09122010025.jpg.493b1740b5e08dcf8a69f12dd4b8f8a9.jpg

09122010026.jpg.e24860fdb2fe68ea91b63b3374b7dc41.jpg

09122010030.jpg.09c19eb059920101ff07ede81298a041.jpg

Romeo09

Please be careful.

You may have started as a Norwood 3V pattern but I would describe you now as having closer to a Norwood 6 thinning pattern with a persistent frontal fringe (hairline.) As you are just 25 you could develop a full Norwood 6 pattern later and could even go on to develop a Norwood 7 pattern.

If you are not already using medical stabilization, you should consider it. Whether you choose FUT or FUE there is a limit on how much scalp hair you will be able to transplant. You may not have enough scalp donor hair to cover your whole eventual balding area well. For this reason, I believe that most doctors would not agree to transplant your crown now.

If you did transplant 2500 grafts over your whole thinning area it would look quite sparse. There can be a role for hair transplantation for you but you need to have a good long-term plan with clear expectations and should understand your commitment to more hair transplantation later.

Cam Simmons MD ABHRS

Seager Medical Group,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Romeo09

Please be careful.

You may have started as a Norwood 3V pattern but I would describe you now as having closer to a Norwood 6 thinning pattern with a persistent frontal fringe (hairline.) As you are just 25 you could develop a full Norwood 6 pattern later and could even go on to develop a Norwood 7 pattern.

If you are not already using medical stabilization, you should consider it. Whether you choose FUT or FUE there is a limit on how much scalp hair you will be able to transplant. You may not have enough scalp donor hair to cover your whole eventual balding area well. For this reason, I believe that most doctors would not agree to transplant your crown now.

If you did transplant 2500 grafts over your whole thinning area it would look quite sparse. There can be a role for hair transplantation for you but you need to have a good long-term plan with clear expectations and should understand your commitment to more hair transplantation later.

Thanks for your advice Dr. Simmons...I am not under any medical stabilization now...could you please suggest me what I should be using.

Do you want me to wait a couple of years before i think of a HT ?

Thanks a lot Dr. Simmons.

hello romeo09,propecia which contains the drug finaseride or a generic form of propecia,but my advice would be a generic form of proscar which contains 5mg of finasteride compared to the 1mg that is found in propecia,then use a pill splitter and cut it into quarters=1.25 mg per dose makeing a massive saveing,you should also try minoxidil 5% which is a hair growth stimulant,you need to do something now as you seem to have very aggresive loss and to be quite honest if you carry on doing nothing the chances are you'll be a proper chrome dome in the not to distant future,all the best with it and have a nice day.....

Romeo99

As 1966kph has said Finasteride and Minoxidil used together would be a good combination.

You don't necessarily need to wait a couple of years for hair transplantation. You do need to have a face-to-face consultation with a doctor you trust to discuss all of your options, realistic expectations, and to devise a good long-term plan.

Cam Simmons MD ABHRS

Seager Medical Group,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

hello romeo09,propecia which contains the drug finaseride or a generic form of propecia,but my advice would be a generic form of proscar which contains 5mg of finasteride compared to the 1mg that is found in propecia,then use a pill splitter and cut it into quarters=1.25 mg per dose makeing a massive saveing,you should also try minoxidil 5% which is a hair growth stimulant,you need to do something now as you seem to have very aggresive loss and to be quite honest if you carry on doing nothing the chances are you'll be a proper chrome dome in the not to distant future,all the best with it and have a nice day.....

thanks a lot for ur advice.!

i'll start using them..!