Feller procedure cost discrepancy?

John M

John,

Is there a reason you're asking patients on a discussion forum about the details of what you and Dr. Feller's clinic discussed about pricing and not the clinic itself?

Since many clinics charge $5 per graft for the first 2000 grafts, I'd say getting between 1500 and 2000 grafts for $8750 is quite average. However, if you are concerned about the price, I recommend speaking to the clinic and see if they're willing to work with you on a pay per follicular unit basis. That way, if you only get 1500 grafts, you'd be paying less than if you get 2000. Keep in mind however, that if Dr. Feller can get 2000 grafts for you and you agree to pay $5 per follicular unit, you'll end up paying over $1000 more than you agreed.

All that to say, I trust that Dr. Feller will do all that he can to maximize your donor and harvest as many follicular units he can. He is also well known for providing patients with extra grafts free of charge.

I do encourage you to share your experience and photos with us after surgery.

Best of luck in your upcoming procedure,

Bill

John,

While you should have contacted the clinic to answer questions that only they could help you with, we don't appreciate members starting topics and then removing the contents to render a topic useless. Members who start topics should either commit to them or not post them at all.

However, now that this topic makes no sense, once members have a chance to read my comments on this topic, I will consider removing it.

Bill

You do that Bill, boy i came here for some answers and support when i didn't understand after asking the secretary, and you started right away with condesending questions like" any reason why you're posting questions like that here" or" we don't appreciate" do you think i posted these questions to spite you? I already asked the secretary first and when i didn't get satisfactory answers i came here. As u know these procedures are stressful and not easy. I would figure that the moderator of a messageboard on this topic would understand and perhaps be a little more helpful than condesending.

John M,

I'm sorry you're feeling a bit irritated, but I think you misunderstood Bill . In no way was he (or anyone else) insinuating that you shouldn't bring your concerns and questions to the forums. However, what was being questioned was (a) why you didn't discuss the specific pricing of your procedure with the clinic (which was resolved), (b) why you deleted the original content from your thread (doing this essentially makes threads useless for future reference and clutters up the boards), and © why you would want the topic removed in general.

Regardless, I think that you've received the information you were looking for and may have the opportunity to remove the thread (via Bill). If you do have any more questions regarding pricing, Dr Feller's general pricing policies, etc, please feel free to ask or use our forum search function. Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks Future. Before I posted I did have everything set with price and amount of grafts. I just got a little nervous when the secretary said 1500+ and not 2000 like I thought we agreed on, especially since I paid for 2000. But as I said before, I guess it was a misunderstanding since after I posted I spoke to her again and got it settled. I did want to have this thread deleted but as you can see in the post before yours Bill said he'll "consider" it after everyone reads it. That's why I deleted my original text because I didnt want to make too much out of the misunderstanding.

John,

Let's not make a big deal of this. The bottom line is, you probably should have just spoken to the clinic to resolve your concerns since they were the only ones who could help you with this. But usually once a topic is presented, we don't like to simply remove it and/or render a topic useless. We'd rather bring it to a resolution and move on. Unfortunately, this topic has been rendered useless and since it no longer serves a purpose, I will be removing it shortly.

That said, I do wish you the best in your upcoming procedure and hope you'll share your experience and photos.

Best wishes,

Bill