Long Term Effectiveness of Finasteride

Spanker

I have done a lot of googling and have not found a solid answer for this question....

What is the loingterm effectiveness of finasteride? i.e. Does is stop working over time?

also

Can you screw up by starting to early?

I know that this is the place to ask....there is a lot of knowledge here!!

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

According to Dr. Rassman the earlier you start on Fin the better (that it is more effective before extensive thinning has occurred). That being said I found that after 10 years it started to lose its efficacy & switch to Avodart. Avodart is great if you don't get side effects (I did not get any) as its a more powerful DHT inhibitor. No one really knows the long term impact of inhibiting DHT in the body.

I attached crown shots almost 9 years apart that have been treated only with Minox, Fin and Avodart.

5b32ca7c15569_2002-1.jpg.10a90f8dcc7c4e687c83c907206c7408.jpg

5b32ca7c2b08f_Topdown-01.jpg.ee0b52697a392f8849adabb3be1a20a3.jpg

5b32ca7c3f129_Topdown-02.jpg.9d63829137b1ec051018847f1070f778.jpg

5b32ca7c5844f_2002-2.jpg.64dd40f35f11fe41aaf13128c1d77a0f.jpg

It all depends. For some people it's been working well for 10+ years while others it doesn't do anything. I believe it depends on how much DHT you have and how fast you are losing hair.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

According to Dr. Rassman the earlier you start on Fin the better (that it is more effective before extensive thinning has occurred). That being said I found that after 10 years it started to lose its efficacy & switch to Avodart. Avodart is great if you don't get side effects (I did not get any) as its a more powerful DHT inhibitor. No one really knows the long term impact of inhibiting DHT in the body.

I attached crown shots almost 9 years apart that have been treated only with Minox, Fin and Avodart.

That is really good...because I can not tell which are from 9 years ago and which are current....you are an example that drug treatment really works for some.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.