shaven head

I am currently thinking about getting a ht. I have been told i am a norton 2 and shave my head (number 2), mainly cos it suits me and i like the shaven head look. Anyway my question is when you shave your head, it looks as if you can get away with quite low density in my opinion, what sort od overall coverage can you get with a number 1-2 over the scalp? Any thought welcome

thanks

I am currently thinking about getting a ht. I have been told i am a norton 2 and shave my head (number 2), mainly cos it suits me and i like the shaven head look. Anyway my question is when you shave your head, it looks as if you can get away with quite low density in my opinion, what sort od overall coverage can you get with a number 1-2 over the scalp? Any thought welcome

thanks

Calv,

I am not sure I understand your question.

Firstly, let me advise you to post some pics, and tell us your age.

At NW2 you have a lot of hair remaining.

You hair loss needs to "stabilize" before contemplating surgery.

"what sort od overall coverage can you get with a number 1-2 over the scalp?"

What do you mean?

How many grafts are needed?

What size comb to shave your head with?

take care...

yeah sorry, that was about as clear as mud. I am 24 and remember seeing someone form a clinic (in his 40's) who shaved there head and you could seen that the grafts were placed further apart than natural, im guessing for coverage and it looked good. I mean that if you have your hair buzzed to a number 2 say then it looks better imo than growing it as it would look very thin. This i am guessin could obly be used in fue as and the sacr would show from fut.

This i am guessin could obly be used in fue as and the sacr would show from fut.

Scars shows for all procedures; it's just that in FUE it looks like minute pit scars and in FUT it is a thin line.

take care...

Some lucky guys can shave to a #2 after a strip surgery but I definitely wouldn't count on it. After FUE this could well be a possibility. I don't think most guys who do a HT really want to keep their hair that short. I guess they'd like to be able to buzz it without scars showing if they feel like it.

I agree with mmhce that it is important to see some stabilisation of hair loss especially for a NW2 at 24 before going ahead with a life-changing procedure. See this thread for a cautionary tale Caution

Calv,

The coverage and density you can achieve whether your head is shaved or not is the same. However, know that if you get strip surgery, cutting your hair too short on the sides and back will be out of the question unless you don't mind the possibility of showing a scar.

How short you can cut your hair after surgery varies on the technique and a patient's donor and healing characteristics. But don't plan on wearing your hair "shaved" after an FUT hair transplant.

Best wishes,

Bill