DR DORIN

BOBC

I WENT TO DR DORIN WITH A FRIEND AND HE WAS VERY INFORMATIVE. HAS ANYONE USED HIM & HOW DID YOU LIKE THE RESULT. HE SAID I & MY FRIEND WERE A 5A TO A SIX . HE SAID I HAVE ABOUT 5,OOO GRAFTS THAT CAN BE USED & HE WOULD DO APPROX 2500 ON THE VISIT. HE WAS HONEST AND SAOD HE PROBABLY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COVER THE CROWN BUT I LIKED HIS HONESTY. THIS IS THE ONLY DR. I HAVE GONE TO. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVISE. I AM 55 YRS OLD AND AM COMFORTABLE WITH WHO I AM BUT WOULD LIKE TO LOOK BETTER

I WENT TO DR DORIN WITH A FRIEND AND HE WAS VERY INFORMATIVE. HAS ANYONE USED HIM & HOW DID YOU LIKE THE RESULT. HE SAID I & MY FRIEND WERE A 5A TO A SIX . HE SAID I HAVE ABOUT 5,OOO GRAFTS THAT CAN BE USED & HE WOULD DO APPROX 2500 ON THE VISIT. HE WAS HONEST AND SAOD HE PROBABLY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COVER THE CROWN BUT I LIKED HIS HONESTY. THIS IS THE ONLY DR. I HAVE GONE TO. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVISE. I AM 55 YRS OLD AND AM COMFORTABLE WITH WHO I AM BUT WOULD LIKE TO LOOK BETTER

Dr. Dorin was the first doc I consulted with actually. Anyways, you need to figure out what 2500 will look like on you; and then you need to decide if it's worth starting a process of HTs, over the backdrop of what your ultimate end is (5000 grafts if you went to Dr. Dorin, let's say).

Only you can really decide this, and decide it after a good deal of research. Regardless, I would strongly caution to not make *any* definitive decisions until you're sure the "risk/reward" is there and you're very confident. Also, look into setting up consults with a nice blend of clinics to round out your research (I'd recco Hasson&Wong, Feller, Shapiro Medical group)

Without seeing pics of your...as a ~NW6, I'd say 2500 might establish a conservative hairline and give some semblance of coverage over the frontal 1/3rd, maybe the top.

There are actually *a lot* of cases on this forum of ~NW6's getting ~2500....so, you should be able to get a good feel for things. I should prolly be playing poker right now, but I'd rather ogle HT pics, so I'll link you some in here. icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Bobc,

Welcome to our community. For starters, you should probalby consider taking the caps lock key off. Typing in all caps online signifies that you are shouting!

In my opinion, Coalition member Dr. Dorin is an excellent choice.

If you have extensive hair loss, it will probably take you a couple procedures to meet your goals. To get an idea of how much hair 5000 grafts may get you, take a look at the Hair Transplant Photos by Norwood Scale on the Hair Transplant Network website.

Best wishes on selecting an excellent surgeon to help you meet your hair restoration goals,

Bill

Bob! Settle Down!! icon_biggrin.gif

I have to say that while 2500 grafts is a good start, it might be a good idea as Thana suggested to check around a bit as you may be a candidate for a session in the 3500-4000 range, which will have a much more dramatic impact on your appearance.

Additionally, it may serve to please you enough to not do another HT.

Absolutely nothing wrong with doing 2500 grafts, just offering another perspective.

Good Luck!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I am a big fan of T & D as Dr. True did my 3 surgeries. With that being said ,you need to be comfortable with the doctor AND the strategy by which you approach your hairloss. Yes, megasessions may be available which can provide more coverage in a shorter time. But, is that feasable financially and inline with your best approach ( i.e. future loss , limited donor)?

Visit multiple doctors and get different viewpoints. If I could do it again I would opt for less surgeries of course ( 2 instead of three) but I am extremely happy with my results and there were some challenges with money and being a bit secretive.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Although I cannot speak on the approach you should to take for your particular situation, I do want to express my EXTREME satisfaction with dealing with Dr Dorin and his office. It has been over a year since my procedure and I could not be more happier! Their approach and honesty played a big factor in going ahead with it. Their location in NYC and LI made it very convenient for consultations and follow ups.

I really cannot say enough, when you get to look in the mirror and be happy with what you see, it's just a great feeling!

THANK YOU DR DORIN!