Dr. Rahal and weak RIGHT SIDE results

Since nobody else seems to be asking this directly figured i would. I have seen at least 6 or 7 guys in the last year or so who had an HT by Rahal and the RIGHT side was a lot weaker than the left.

Do they work left to right? Is the tech working that side not as good as the one working the left?

Any thoughts? Adrian or Rahal care to comment?

aWidowsPeek,

Can you cite specific examples? It's not uncommon for hair transplants to develop more quickly on one side or the other. This often evens out by 12 to 14 months.

I can think of a couple of Dr. Rahal's patients that recently reported this phenomenon but the patients I'm thinking of were far from reaching the final maturation of their hair transplants.

Frankly, your post comes off as a little accusatory and incendiary. Especially considering you have not provided any examples to back up your statement.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

aWidowsPeak,

I've seen dozens of examples of Dr. Rahal's results over the years and the vast majority of them have been excellent. I've only ever seen one or two posted concerns from his patients and they've all been handled and taken care of by Dr. Rahal.

As I'm sure you are aware, even the best of physicians has cases of less than optimal results. If there's one or two examples that concern you, please go ahead and site the links to the topic where it's already been discussed. But ultimately, it's up to patients to come forward and discuss their concerns. But to answer your question, there's no evidence that Dr. Rahal is doing any less than excellent work.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

"accusatory"

yeah i'm accusing Rahal of sometimes having weak right side results. Does PREDATOR ring a bell?

I didn't say Rahal does crappy Ht work cause he certainly doesn't. His results posted on this site are great.

It's hard to ever bring up anything even remotely negative about a coalition doc on here even when it's a fair observation

Edited by aWidowsPeek

Since nobody else seems to be asking this directly figured i would. I have seen at least 6 or 7 guys in the last year or so who had an HT by Rahal and the RIGHT side was a lot weaker than the left.

I honestly believe that most members of this forum know that we welcome open discussion based on fair observations that are presented in a thoughtful and constructive manner.

Perhaps it wasn't your intention to come off the way you did but I found a conspiratorial subtext in your post.

Is it fair to draw the conclusion that weak right side growth is representative of Dr. Rahal's work based on the small number of individuals who have posted results recently? Also, I don't believe it is fair to present anyone's results as representative of any doctor's work prior to 12 months post-op.

I also had weak right side growth and I am not a Dr. Rahal patient. Lot's of patients see thicker growth on one side or the other. My disappointment with the yield from my first hair transplant is well documented here but I didn't blame my doc. I went back and had a second procedure to fix it and I'm quite happy so far.

In my opinion, there are many ways you could have posed your question without coming across as if you have an agenda.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Widows peek, just to chip in, this forum is by far the fairest i have come across. I do not agree that its tough to yank out coalition docs, which u just did. However, like David mentioned, maybe its fair to let time ride out and we can compare the one year results.

Hey, if by that time growth is not optimal, all of us forum members would welcome u to make your stand here. However, before that happens, i suggest we let this issue go :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730