FUE into Donor Scar Results

Has anyone had success with FUE into donor scars?

I've read on here that this technique works to fill in the donor scar but have not seen much or read about final results.

I am interested to hear from some who have had this done and the final result.

I appreciate your feedback.

-vince

I think it depends on the scar. If its a really tough keloid...I'd suggest excision. A softer scar can be FUE'd as shown in this post.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...21087683/m/926101845

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thank you dr.lindsey. I posted a similar question about a year ago and since then have not seen much in the way of posts regarding this subject and i'm curious as to why not? i'm sure there has been lots more fue'ing into scars in the last year

either fue into scars are not that successful or guys that have fue into scars move on with their life and forget about the forum.

i have yet to see real results after 1 year after the grafts have grown through.

Thanks again for responding dr. lindsey.

-vince

I posted an FUE into scars on this network. Something about 711 graft FUE was in the text I believe.

Anyhow, I worked with him 2 years ago, and saw him last June when he flew over to have additional work. I believe I put up pics at that time. I'd guess he got reasonable growth, but he had a pretty firm scar from someone else's previous strip and I had actually encouraged scar revision, then FUE on him.

In my opinion, if the scar is REALLY hard, revise it. If really soft and the person wants to avoid a new scar, FUE it. In between these extremes requires thought and discussion.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 months later...