FUT Scar

I would like to know out of all you Hair transplant patients that have gone through with this, is your scar detectable? I have fine hair but good groups in my donor hair. I am fair skinned with light brown/blonde hair. Good contrast.

1.) Are you happy with the scar or conscious about cutting your hair too short?

Thanks,

Hi hairmee, i am only 2 months post op so i probably cannot use myself as an example but u can find various examples in this forum. There are members like Sparky who had a bad experience with their first HT, in which the scar was too wide but the good news is, you can opt for FUE into the scar, which is what Sparky did.

Most, if not all, of the recommended doctors here have patients with very very thin scar lines and u can browse all the examples under hair results by surgeons :)

hope that helps!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

hairmee,

One year past my first hair transplant I was very happy with my scar. I could buzz to a #3 with no detection.

I'm only 3.5 months post op from HT #2 at this point but the tightness in my scalp has me a bit worried that it may not turn out as well this time.

Time will tell.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hey David, i thought your results were fantastic to begin with! Your scar seemed to have healed well too but wat do u mean by scalp tightness? Obviously it means the scalp is tight but how does it feel like? I feel my scalp is tight too but so far, my wife and those who have been inspecting my scar seem to feel i m healing quite well albeit some shock loss

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

wb280,

Thanks for the positive comment! It's good to hear that.

Before my first hair transplant, I had a pretty loose scalp. I'd say that after my first procedure it was probably just right.

Immediately after the second, it felt really tight. It still does to some degree but it's either loosened or I've become used to the feeling. However, I do feel slight pulling in the area of the nape when turning my head from left to right. Of course, I'm careful not to move to extremes in any direction but I've found myself waking up in positions that may have put stress on the scar.

I'm not stressing about it because I plan to wear my hair a little longer anyway. After years of buzzing, I'd prefer to never have hair clippers touch my head again.

Time will tell for me. If you're getting positive feedback, I'm sure you're doing fine. The only one I trust to evaluate mine (besides Dr. Alexander of course) is my hairstylist. Since it's still a little pink and raised, I'll just have to wait.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website