Maximum safe density

What is the maximum safe density that can be transplanted, assuming one is a candidate and meets all criteria, and has a well established pattern with plenty of donor area? I know average density in someone without MPB is around 100 fu per cm2. I've seen on here claims of 50-60 fu per cm2. Can it "safely" go higher?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

RCWest,

This is a great question however, there's currently no definitive answer on this. While some physicians claim they can densely pack up to 90 FU/cm2 and even more, the question of yield still remains. Of course, this partially depends on incision sizes and on how many hairs each follicular unit contains. But the scalp's vascularity can only handle so much and transplanting too many hairs in a given area may impact growth. Most physicians claim they can transplant up to 50 FU/cm2 with very high growth yield. Some claim they can do more.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill! Wonderful answer! This is just a hypothetical question to find out how dense a transplant the scalp can handle. I know bloodflow/scarring etc play the big role but was wondering what was the highest density placed healthily into a normal healthy scalp. 50 is pretty darn good and I'd be happy with that myself. 90 is almost back to non balding density!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D