Transplant density

OK, I've been thinking about density and the math behind it. On average, there are 600 follicular units per square inch, correct? And it has been stated by dependable doctors that thinning isn't socially noticeable until 50 percent of hair is lost, which would be 300 fu per sq. in. Am I on the right track? OK, If someone had say 20 sq. in. of bald scalp (just as an example) and if it is possible to transplant 300 in a sq. in., then 6000 grafts in that 20 in. would give back the illusion of no hair loss.

How many grafts can be SAFELY transplanted into a sq. in.? I have medium fine light brown hair, and plenty of donor hair.

Also, at what density is considered "dense packing"?

Edited by RCWest

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

If you were to graft 40 fu per sq centimitere, not sure how many that would be per sq inch, but 40 fu is about as dense as most top end surgeons will do, at least that`s what I have come to understand....It also depends on hair caliber, wether it`s wavy, straight, curly...diameter is also very important, as is colour....When they say that you have to lose 50% of your existing hair before it is noticable balding, is a bit misleading, it might hold true for a large majority, but not for everyone...and that`s because of the diffferent characteristics of each persons hair...So someone with black curly hair could lose 70% and still not look like they are balding, and someone with thin, light brown, straight hair could lose 30% and look balding...So you see it`s not that straightforward...I beleive it`s the quality of the HT that is more important than the quantity...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...:)