FAO Joetronic

Hi , I've noticed recently that Dr Hasson has done a few procedures where the hairline has receded at the temples and the rest of the front third is still very strong, but Dr Hasson has transplanted the entire front third.

see patient websites for fingers crossed and hair me out for examples.

Personally, this is of interest to me because such a procedure would mean retaining a natural look when hairloss progresses, compared to if only the temples were transplanted.

When is this approach appropriate/ not appropriate?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this approach?

Thanks.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Splitting hairs,

We think that some degree of temple recession is natural for adult males across the board. In other words, most cases of hairline reconstruction have varying degrees of temple recession built in because our patients are not kids anymore and a recessed temple does not have to necessarily represent hair loss. Most patients wish to return to a NW2 or somewhere close and this is a classic adult male hairline with temple recession. In addition, when temples are filled, the hairline has to be relatively low or else the profile and be odd. Lowering the hairline into non-hair bearing areas requires density which of course in turn requires higher numbers of grafts. Thus, filling temples, lowering hairlines is a waste of donor hair that will be better suited for addressing future potential loss.

We feel it is appropriate to have recession built in for most patients. There are exceptions but they are rare. If one were to continue with their hair loss they will not be stuck with a thick juvenile hairline. Thinning behind a higher hairline with temple recession is not uncommon so it is easier to deal with since it looks more natural.

I hope this answers your questions.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi, thanks for your reply joe. I am fully aware that a transplanted hairline should always be mature. Sorry I should have worded my question better. What I'd really like to know is why in the patients I mentioned above, Dr Hasson has transplanted the entire front third when really only the hairline needed transplanted? Is this to retain a natural look in case of future loss, and what are the pros and cons of doing this?

The reason I would like to know this is because the only reason I haven't had a transplant to my hairline yet Is because I am concerned about resession in behind the transplanted hairline and being left looking silly until another procedure has been done and grown in.

A transplant to the entire front third would solve this issue.

Thanks.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here: