need help to0 much depressed!

Hello evey0ne!

I am new in this forum and its my first thread here. I need help from u guys so thats the main reason i am here..i d0n't kn0w fr0m where i start what i want to explain to all of you.. I m very tensed due to this issue. I m just 20 nd 0ne year back i had a full wavy nd silky hairs but they started thining last year and n0w the c0nditi0n is so much w0rst when i take bath or make my hairs wet my scalp is visible and it seems like i have a very few hairs m0re to fell and then my baldness will be n0ticeable even fr0m my dry hairs. I had lost numer0us hairs in jst 1 year. I hav tried many shampo0s, oils etc to cure all this but n0thing happened. Everytime when i saw mirror my heart cries nd i am mentally disturbed also due to this. I have d0ne a s0me internet searching and n0w c0nsidering the opti0n to use niz0ral shamp0o and propecia but i m afraid of it due to its side effects that may lead to me impotency... I also d0n't kn0w fr0m where to get these pr0ducts and how much it will c0st me, i live in rawalpindi,PAKISTAN. Maybe if my hairs keep falling like this i will go for hairtransplant opti0n next year. I m also c0nsidering to visit DR.HAMAYUN in Islamabad. Friends please help me out in this matter...

Qasim,

Welcome to the forum! You have come to the right place for help and support.

While hair loss can be devastating, try to take comfort in your youth. At your age, you are probably not a candidate for surgical hair restoration. However, the sooner you start using non-surgical treatments the better the chance you'll have of holding on to your existing hair and perhaps even reversing some of your hair loss.

There are two clinically proven and FDA approved medications for treating hair loss in men: Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride). It is believed that using these medications in combination is the best treatment for male pattern baldness currently available. Adding Nizoral to your weekly regimen may also have an added benefit.

Contacting Dr. Humayun Mohmand in Islamabad is a great idea. As you probably already know, Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. He can evaluate your balding, suggest a long-term plan and also prescribe Propecia.

In my opinion, you should not fear the side effects of Propecia. Only about 2% of men experience sexual side effects from finasteride and those side effects should diminish if you discontinue use of the drug.

Take steps to stabilize your hair loss before it advances too far. Plan for a hair transplant in the future if necessary. Continue researching and participating in the forum for information and support.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

i m sitting in dr.hamayuns hair transplant institute and waiting for my turn of c0nsultati0n with 0ne of there c0nsultants.. Thanks taking the plunge bro for helping i hope i can reverse it back but i kn0w it will take time but 0ne m0re questi0n is that. Did l0ng hairs are 0ne of the main reas0n of lossing hair?

@sparky doctor prescribed me 1mg propecia 0ne in a day nd 2 percent minoxdil twice daily...

N0w i want to discuss some issues with you guys that if i take

0.5mg of propecia daily mean i divide a pill into two pieces and take each daily as i have read that 0.5mg and 1 mg of propecia has the same results. Does it help in reducing side effects? And as my scalp is c0vered by hairs of approximately 2 inch each thus if i use m0re than 1ml to make sure all the scalp is covered. Does it is harmful or not?

Moreover, can you please tell me long hairs are the reason for falling hairs are not?

Qasim,

I'm happy to hear that Dr. Mohmand was able to help you. Getting on Propecia and Rogaine is a great first step in treating your hair loss!

Side effects of any drug may vary based on the dosage. If I were you, I would start with the 1mg since that is the dose that has been proven effective in clinical trials. In the event you suffer side effects, you can always cut the pill or stagger the days that you take the medication. If you search this forum, you will find all sorts of creative ideas for finding the right balance between side effects and effectiveness of the drug.

If cost is a factor, you may want to purchase Proscar and quarter the pill. That is what I do.

With Rogaine, I tend to use slightly more that one ml. There should be no problems or side effects from doing so but always consult your doctor regarding drug related issues.

Hope this helps! Best of luck,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website