Need Advice!

Hi,

I have been loosing hair from the last 10 years. I have tried Propecia and Rogaine form three years back for about an year. I didn't see any improvement so I quit. Now I'm thinking of doing a HT but little concerned about the scar that may show up if I loose more hair after HT.

Please look at my hair loss pictures and suggest if I can actually consider HT.

Thanks in advance!

P7276648.jpg.acecc17e83b071cee0ad8bf3ae963d70.jpg

P7276649.jpg.3de81758a94a477857534629be9285ee.jpg

P7276654.jpg.b74f0241072a78f25fc548742e0990b5.jpg

Niceguyraj,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't see the desired improvement from preventive measures like minoxidil (Rogaine) and finasteride (Propecia), but I wouldn't rule out these treatments so quickly. To be honest, I'd normally recommend that all patients investigate Rogaine, Propecia, and maybe a shampoo containing ketoconazole (such as Nizoral or Revita) and I think it may be worthwhile to investigate these treatments again. Especially if you're considering a hair transplant procedure. Having said that, a transplant may be an option, although your hair loss is fairly advanced. I recommend consulting with one of our recommended hair transplant surgeons and discussing a treatment plan. I hope this helps! Please, feel free to ask any additional questions and keep us updated on your situation.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.