Medical Marijuana before HT

Hello HTN, I am a Medical Marijuana user considering a HT in the near future. I was wondering if using Cannabis either before or after the HT would have any negative effects on the process.

I would probably only be smoking once a day at night to help with Insomnia but am considering smoking before to help deal with the pain of the operation.

well, i don't know what the side effects of the medical marijuana on blood are, but if i were in your place i would stop taking anything medical - unless it is very necessary- for a month before the procedure.

I stopped taking the multi-vitamins supplements one month prior my first ht and second ht

then resumed everything after one week post op, just avoid anything unexpected could happen during the surgery.

sorry, i don't understand how smoking before the surgery will be helpful in dealing with ht pain, but don't worry, the injections are not painful, they are bearable and they are given in the first hour or 2. you will have some sleeping pills that will make you asleep for 5 hours or more.

you should quit smoking and drinking coffee or tea before the surgery, because smoking is not good to ur health and coffee may not let you sleep during the surgery.

best luck!

I am unsure about the effects of marijuana on the blood, but I would say smoke away if u needed it for medical use. Not smoking maijuana for a month before your procedure if it was prescribed for medical therapy is not real good avice if u asked me..

I would ask your doc these questions so they are aware of your situation and concerns.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd ask the doctor performing the surgery. Mine said smoking cigarettes was bad after surgery because it lower the amount of Oxygen in the blood thereby inhibiting healing which makes sense. Alcohol, aspirin and and NSAIDs like Ibuprophen can do the same thing. I'd guess marijuana smoked once a day would not thin the blood, but lets face it, it can't really help either so why take the risk?

You just answered your own question. I'm glad u learned something from this..

I agree drugs are not worth the risk and I am personally against them.. COngrats on living a healthier lifestyle!!!

This is a excellent example that hair transplantation surgery does much more than just cosmetics!!!!

I did read somewhere where Marijuana can affect Platelet count. You want a high platelet count or you'll drive the doctor nuts from stopping the grafts from bleeding ;).

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D