When should you start taking Propecia? (Temproal Reccesion)

Spanker

Hi all, first post!

I am 31 years old and am experiencing temoral recession past what I would consider maturation. I can not tell that I an thinning on the vertex or crown...my wife says I am not. In fact she acts like I am crazy to want to start propecia....we am I?

I am definately receeding some (I have always had high temporal "peaks") and want to keep all the hair I can. How do I know when a good time to start taking propecia is?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Go to a GOOD knowledgeable dermatologist or hair restoration surgeon. They will tell you if it's MPB or a maturing hairline. If it's MPB, start Finasteride now. The sooner and younger you catch it, the better. Good luck!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Spanker,

Where balding is concerned, swift and immediate action is critical. Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride) are much more effective at retaining existing hair than they are at growing new hair.

RCWest is correct. Your best bet is to be evaluated by a hair loss physician or dermatologist to determine the nature and extent of your balding.

The sooner you begin non-surgical treatment, the better your chances of holding on to the hair you have.

Best of luck,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website