shock loss???

Its been 3 months since HT., i m facing severe shockloss on my frontal region wher HT has been done., according to many the hair starts to regrow with in 3 months, but not for me ., is this permanentshcokloss or what??

if you would like to know further details i am free to post. this one is rough post., waiting for replies

Are you on Propecia? It should help protect with shock loss.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hi there Humanman, i am experiencing shock loss but at the donor so i was luckier in a way that i can use existing hair to cover... but i am at 1 month post op so its a long way to go

A picture says a thousand words.. its better u post some so the senior guys can comment

thanks!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I keep reading on this shock loss - why does it happen? Does it all come back? That has to be very depressing when the hair you think is going to grow falls out. Ouch!! Has anyone not grown back?

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru

I keep reading on this shock loss - why does it happen? Does it all come back? That has to be very depressing when the hair you think is going to grow falls out. Ouch!! Has anyone not grown back?

If it is miniturized hair that fell out it may not come back. If it was healthy hair that was not already thinning then it should come back. It should start sprouting out anytime now, but you may be a slow grower. That's the way I was. It was closer to 6 months before I started seeing anything.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hair is one of the fastest growing tissues in the body. You may have heard that hair has three stages of growth: Anogen, catogen, and telogen. A simple way to look at it is that hair is in the growing phase (Anogen), transition phase (Catogen) or resting/shedding phase (Telogen). At any given time, most of one’s hairs are in the growing phase (80 to 90 percent) but some of one’s hairs are always shedding.

Any type of trauma can cause more of your hair to shift from the growing phase to the shedding phase. Even emotional stress can cause hair to shed. As well as poor nutrition, a high fever, etc...

The shock loss you are experiencing means that more of your hair is in the shedding phase, which is part of your hairs natural life cycle.

The stress of the surgery put more of your hair into the resting phase and then shedding phase. Since this is a part of the hairs normal life cycle it should come back. As RC West pointed out there may be some of your hair that was miniaturized and on its way out and that hair may not come back

Most of your shock loss hair should come back. I know this is frustrating because you look like you have less hair then more.

It is easy for me to say be patient, but the shock loss hair should return. It will just take longer for you to see the full result of your surgery

I hope this is helpful

Dr. Paul

Edited by Paul Shapiro, MD

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...