dr. holt

hoose

Hoose,

As you may know, Medical Hair Restoration (MHR) just merged with Bosley, and this could have had something to do with Dr. Holt leaving MHR and opening a new clinic. Having said that, I have never heard anything (positive or negative) about Dr. Holt. However, this community does recommend hair restoration physicians in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Ontario, and a consultation with any of these excellent surgeons would most likely be worth your time. Good luck!

• Like 1

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 months later...

I have had 3 or more years working with Dr. Holt. At first all was well. On my final procedure something just did not seem right. Things at the office seemed different and the staff was acting...kind of off. I do not know why. After I left for home, a day or two later... there was something wrong with my stitches....part of my scalp came open......and as time went on I noticed a bad area of the transplant. I contacted Dr. Holts Office. They said it was not a problem...all would be corrected with a minor touch up. Since transplants take quite a while to develope, There was no hurry to go back to Dr. Holt. I was asurred by Dr. Holt's staff numerous times that I could have the touch up done at anytime I felt it was good for me. So just recently I inquired about scheduling my touch up. Since MHR was bought by Bosley, Dr.Holt has refused to honor his commitment to me. I feel totally let down

by DR. Holt and his so called Staff. Besides in the beginning of my first and which I thought would be my only procedure, No one in the office ever mentioned to me that the one procedure would not be enough to reach the desired results. It was only after my first procedure...was it evident that a whole lot more work was going to be needed. So what I was led to believe.....one procedure....at $8000 came to just about $25,000 all said and done. So after I lay down my hard earned money,,,,,which was way more than I would ever consider spending.... "but had to"..... I looked worst than when I started..... seems that once they have you in.....you really do need to continue.....or go around looking as if something was done.....and poorly. Kind of have you between a rock and a hard place. And now I want to have the final corrective touch up done...... I get totally shut down and blown off. That is wrong......Thanks DOC, Linda, Bob,Andrea...... I gave you all my total trust.....and $25,000.. and this is what I get ...?????? So BEWARE FOLKS....don't say I did not warn you......................................................

• Like 1

• 11 years later...
On 9/27/2010 at 6:49 PM, Ripp12 said:

I have had 3 or more years working with Dr. Holt. At first all was well. On my final procedure something just did not seem right. Things at the office seemed different and the staff was acting...kind of off. I do not know why. After I left for home, a day or two later... there was something wrong with my stitches....part of my scalp came open......and as time went on I noticed a bad area of the transplant. I contacted Dr. Holts Office. They said it was not a problem...all would be corrected with a minor touch up. Since transplants take quite a while to develope, There was no hurry to go back to Dr. Holt. I was asurred by Dr. Holt's staff numerous times that I could have the touch up done at anytime I felt it was good for me. So just recently I inquired about scheduling my touch up. Since MHR was bought by Bosley, Dr.Holt has refused to honor his commitment to me. I feel totally let down

by DR. Holt and his so called Staff. Besides in the beginning of my first and which I thought would be my only procedure, No one in the office ever mentioned to me that the one procedure would not be enough to reach the desired results. It was only after my first procedure...was it evident that a whole lot more work was going to be needed. So what I was led to believe.....one procedure....at $8000 came to just about $25,000 all said and done. So after I lay down my hard earned money,,,,,which was way more than I would ever consider spending.... "but had to"..... I looked worst than when I started..... seems that once they have you in.....you really do need to continue.....or go around looking as if something was done.....and poorly. Kind of have you between a rock and a hard place. And now I want to have the final corrective touch up done...... I get totally shut down and blown off. That is wrong......Thanks DOC, Linda, Bob,Andrea...... I gave you all my total trust.....and $25,000.. and this is what I get ...?????? So BEWARE FOLKS....don't say I did not warn you......................................................

Wow, 9 years later and I made the same mistake. In hindsight I felt they were off two, I went with a Norwood 3A and they recommended 1400 grafts. I thought it was a little low but I assumed he knew what he was doing (he is board certified and did a fellowship) and if that was all, that was all. Anyways, it turned out horrible, very low density. I don't think you always need 1 more procedure, but like you mentioned it was almost intentionally not enough. Cost and potential additional procedures was never an issue for me, but it looks so bad that why would I return to him? I agree it seems like they are "baiting" you but jokes on them because I'm going to another doctor for a repair. He was puzzled why there were so few grafts. I paid him $6,300 and regret it a lot. 

Sorry you had to go through that. One of the biggest mistakes of my life, wish I never gone there. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella