Provillus?

jspence09

jspence09,

There is really nothing revolutionary in Provillus. A brief look at their web site reveals that it is a two-part treatment process consisting of a topical component as well as a dietary supplement.

The active ingredient in the topical solution is 5% minoxidil. This is the same as Rogaine and can be purchased in generic form much more cheaply.

The dietary supplement contains the following:

• Vitamin B6
  • Biotin
  • Zinc
  • Saw Palmetto
  • Nettle Root
  • Pumpkin Seed
  • Eleuthero Ginseng
  • Uva-Ursi Extract
  • and Muria Pauma

While these ingredients may have some positive effect on hair quality and growth, they are unlikely to produce a significant cosmetic improvement or even slow your balding over the long term.

At this time, the only two clinically proven and FDA approved treatments for hair loss are Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride). In my opinion, abandoning finasteride for an herbal treatment is very risky and will probably result in accelerated hair loss.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hmm it's a tough call.... I actually take Provillus tablets and have defiantly noticed my hair getting thicker all over my head. Even on my temples where there is regrowth...but I do also use Kirkland's Minoxdil 5%, GNC Mega Men sport, and ARG Matrix. I honestly think it has helped....but that's just my opinion.

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

I think that if you plan to stop Propecia anyway, then you've certainly got nothing to lose by taking Provillus. If it were a "one or the other" decision then, IMO, Propecia is the way to go.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

question for you guys..If provillus or other herbal medications claim that they block DHT as well, then i would think people should experience side effects with these medications as well...since blocking DHT leades to sides in propecia, then why wouldn't provillus & Co. cause any sides?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've been taking provillus for only a few days, but already I've experienced some reasonably bad gastro problems and some constipation (charming topic, I know). I've been reading that saw palmetto can cause these side effects. My questions are,

1. Has anyone else experienced this and does it get better (IE: does your stomach get used to it)? I've contemplated taking just the one capsule instead of two per day...will this still work but at a much slower rate? Because I don't mind if it takes twice as long, IF it's actually going to work.

2. Has anyone experienced any change to their sex drive/life?

Any comments/advice would be excellent. Please note, I am not in the USA, which means I only have access to the capsules, not the ointment,

Thank you.

Hi Rafael7!

1- I did for the first 2 weeks notice my stomach was upset more then usual, I was taking 2 pills in the morning with breakfast so I decided to take 1 in the morning with breakfast then 1 in the evening with dinner and my stomach leveled out and now is absolutely fine :) I find that Provillus does work (if you look at my blogs you will see my regime and I believe everything I am taking compliments each other to encourage hair growth and maintain existing hair) how are you taking yours?

2- Didn't notice any change in my libido or anything sexual at all. You shouldn't either as it's only a DHT blocker which is created by testosterone and doesn't effect the actual testosterone production at all. Are you experiencing any sexual side effects? If so I would recommend speaking to your GP

I hope that helps :)

Luke

Follow my progress:

Hi Rafael7!

1- I did for the first 2 weeks notice my stomach was upset more then usual, I was taking 2 pills in the morning with breakfast so I decided to take 1 in the morning with breakfast then 1 in the evening with dinner and my stomach leveled out and now is absolutely fine :) I find that Provillus does work (if you look at my blogs you will see my regime and I believe everything I am taking compliments each other to encourage hair growth and maintain existing hair) how are you taking yours?

2- Didn't notice any change in my libido or anything sexual at all. You shouldn't either as it's only a DHT blocker which is created by testosterone and doesn't effect the actual testosterone production at all. Are you experiencing any sexual side effects? If so I would recommend speaking to your GP

I hope that helps :)

Luke

Hi Lurkey

What then is the difference between Propecia and provillus. Propecia also blocks only the DHT..then why does one experience sides with propecia!!

I believe it's other ingredients that are in Propecia that effect testosterone levels directly. I'm sure there is probably a study on it somewhere. Could be that provillus uses a lot of natural ingredients compared to propecia and the body accepts it more as it's not too synthetic...not too sure just taking a stab in the dark.

Edited by lukeyb1687

Follow my progress: