Couple of concerns

ukbloke

Having scoured this and other HT forums for several months now and having met a number of people connected to the HT industry I just thought I'd mention a couple of things that have been playing on my mind for a little while now, please bear in ind I have no particular axe to grind regarding individual HT doctors and their staff.

1) Young lads (NW2 or under), being given HT's to build up their hairline to what it was like when they were 15. Surely this is innapropriate? Shouldn't these young potentially vulnerable kids be offered some form of counselling and be told how they are likely to look should the hair behind continue to receed and they are unable to afford future HT's or there may be a shortage of donor hair to fully cover the area from bald crown to the age 15 hairline?

2) Mega sessions of 5000 and more. Is this a new technique? Are the long term effects of such big sessions known? I remember reading either here or on another forum a highly respected HT surgeon stating sessions should be no larger than 3000 grafts.

Like I said, these two issues stand out for me having since I dipped my toe into the World of HT's over the last several months.

1. Yeah, I'd like to know the thought processes of the young blokes who go for this procedure, or is it just a case of looking good now and I'll worry about future hair loss as and when. if I'm right hair meds will only slow down and not prevent hair loss. I in particular do have some concern for those whose temples have receeded, so they just have the temples done, meaning down the line they may have an odd looking head of hair. Hair each side at the front but then nothing in the middle. but then I suppose they must realise this?

2. I only raised this issue because I either saw or heard an interview with a regarded HT doc who stated sessions should not be bigger than 3000-3500 sessions (can't find it now otherwise would have put up a link). So my question is does a higher number of grafts mean a lower end yield?