Feedback from Dr. Cooley's patients

Hello,

I am interested in receiving feedback specifically from Dr. Cooley's patients. I read an article where Dr. Cooley states that many of his patients consume finasteride on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule to offset potential side effects. Can you please provide feedback on how this has worked out for you?

-Have any of you gone from a daily 1mg dosage to the above mentioned dosage while entirely removing sides?

-Any feedback at all would be great!!

Thank you!

Tim

Hello,

I am interested in receiving feedback specifically from Dr. Cooley's patients. I read an article where Dr. Cooley states that many of his patients consume finasteride on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule to offset potential side effects. Can you please provide feedback on how this has worked out for you?

-Have any of you gone from a daily 1mg dosage to the above mentioned dosage while entirely removing sides?

-Any feedback at all would be great!!

Thank you!

Tim

Hey Tim,

Though I can't speak to the side effects issue, I would go to a MWF schedule for your wallet if nothing else! I've been on the schedule Dr. Cooley recommends for a year and a half now and it seems to be working just as well.

Brian

It's recommended to take 1mb of Finasteride every day, but when I spoke with him, he said I could do a M-W-F regimen. I don't see any problem taking Finasteride so I never experienced any side effects.

I actually got a prescription from my family doctor and he actually said I could take 2.5mg M-W-F

So it's pretty subjective on what is recommended

2.5mg is pretty high, but my family doctor didn't seem to be worried by that.

I obviously told him I would cut it into quarters instead of halves

Good Luck with your decision

Hello,

I read an article where Dr. Cooley states that many of his patients consume finasteride on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule to offset potential side effects.

Tim, are you sure Finasteride is for side-effects ? Dr. Cooley is really good, from some posts i read and seem to have very natural results.

timallen45,

Welcome to our community. Dr. Cooley has an outstanding track record of performing state of the art hair transplants with excellent results. To see what his patients are saying, feel free to use the "search" feature of this forum and visit our patient websites.

By the way, I see you created this topic in two separate forums. Thus, I've merged them together in this topic since this is the appropriate forum for questions about physicians.

All the best in restoring your hair,

Bill

I'm a Dr. Cooley patient and I have been taking Propecia for almost a year. The only problem that I've had was a little swelling around my eyes but it's so minor that I can ignore it. Other than that, I've had no problems and it appears to be working. I'm on a M-W-F schedule. Also, I'm over 7 months post-op and am VERY pleased with the results so far. I would definitely recommend Dr. Cooley!!!!