SAFE FUE Dr. Harris

DanielKiwi,

Although I have not undergone a follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedure with Dr. Harris, I did want to share some information with you. First, Dr. Harris does provide some information regarding the SAFE procedure on his recommendation profile. Second, his website contains further analysis and additional information. Lastly, here is a thread from the Hair Loss Discussion Forums that discusses the SAFE technique and reveals an extraction tool created by Dr. Harris. I hope this helps! Please, feel free to ask any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

"Although I have not undergone a follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedure with Dr. Harris, I did want to share some information with you. First, Dr. Harris does provide some information regarding the SAFE procedure on his..."

I having the same question. I read Dr. Harris' site and other postings about the SAFE tool. I'm wondering if other doctors are using this tool. For example, Dr. Feller is much closer to where I live but if he's not using this seemingy sate of the art tool, is there a big difference? Should this be a decding factor.

Thanks,

Levrais

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

• 11 months later...

Superice,

I know members on the discussion forums have undergone follicular unit extraction with Dr. Harris, and since his automated S.A.F.E. tool is what is used during the FUE cases, I can only assume they've experienced this method.

Keep in mind that many physicians have created/use their own versions of the automated FUE extraction tool. However, I do know that many physicians think very highly of Dr. Harris' device and several other excellent hair transplant surgeons (besides Dr. Harris) use it as well.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr. Harris has gone through two phases with the SAFE method - one was a manual punch, the second (and most recent) is a motorized punch that utilizes the same technology/design of the manual punch. I know Dr. Shapiro's practice utilizes the tool, I'm unsure about Dr. Rahal.