Will shed hair from Revita definitely grow back? Please assure me!

I have been using Revita shampoo on my hair for the past six weeks, about five times a week as directed by the company. About three weeks ago I start going through a massive shed on it and it continued until I finally got off of it three days ago. I would say my hair thinned 50 percent on this stuff. I now have baby fine hair where as before my hair was thinning a little but not too bad. Now, when I pull up my hair on top of my head and I can see lots of scalp unlike before starting Revita. From some of the research I did, I learned that going through a shed is a good thing so I wasn't too concerned about it. But I have been researching further and there are A LOT of posts on the internet about shedding on Revita, but I really couldn't find a single person who after going through a massive shed on Revita grew back that shed hair, let alone grew back thicker hair. On other forums, people have said that a shed is good on Minoxidil or Propecia, but NOT on a shampoo such as Revita. Is this true? Has anyone on here gone through a massive shed on Revita, and did your hair grow back? If so, how long did it take? Someone please reassure me, because right now, I'm thinking that getting on Revita was one of the greatest mistakes of my life. I am cursing that company.

Hi

I tried using the shampoo but did not use as recommended by Revita as i dont trust claims without concrete proof. They want you to apply two times in one shot..i dont think that is cool...having said that, i would notice my hair a lil thicker after the shower but that was it....over a period of time, i noticed my hair becoming really soft and hence appeared thinner,,,i did not know having softer hair would suck...i am in two minds if i should give 5 days a shot....too much of a risk for a balding man....any other replies would be appreciated

Sweeptheleg,

I wanted to refer you to an older Hair Restoration Discussion Forum thread on this very subject. In the thread, Spex - a reputable member and consultant to Coalition physician Dr. Alan Feller, describes some of the potential issues with overusing ketoconazole shampoos (Nizoral and Revita) and states that while the shed can be intense, it is not permanent. Please review the entire thread. I hope this helps, and feel free to ask any additional questions. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I hope he is right. It is strange that with all of the people that complained about shedding on Revita, no one wrote a followup saying how much thicker the hair grew back. People complained about the shedding and then there was never any followup.

I think it is probably a good idea for me to stop Revita because the shedding was too much and I didn't know when it would end. Some people have claimed to still be shedding on Revita after four months! At my current rate of shedding, at four months, I would be a cue ball. It's just not worth the risk.

One followup question. On another forum, a person who had been shedding from Revita, contacted the company that manufactures Revita about his concerns with the shedding. The lady said it was normal and NOT to stop taking the shampoo because she said you are basically giving the hair one instruction using the Revita for several weeks and then are giving them a different instruction when you stop which will cause big problems for your hair. This might just be something the company says in order for people to use and buy more product. Do you think stopping Revita after six weeks and a three week massive shed will be detrimental to my hair coming back?

• 1 month later...

I've used Revita almost everyday for a year and have no problems at all with it other than it tends to dry my scalp out a bit and the problem that I just had with the bad batch that I received (you can read about that in another post here). Sounds like it effects different people different ways like alot of things do.

It's now been a couple of months since stopping Revita. That stuff decimated my hair. Around the same time I stopped using it, the shedding stopped. However, at the same time I stopped using Revita, I also switched from Propecia to Avodart so it's difficult to say how much either one has been helping. It seems though that my hair is slowly starting to thicken up again, although I still have a lot of thinning that started after starting Revita. A lot of other people have had major problems on Revita. For someone thinking about starting Revita, I highly recommend not doing it. It's not worth the risk.

• 2 weeks later...

I over used Revita. I was on it for 5 days in a row and I used it 2 times a day, then 2 days off of it. I did that routine 2 times. The 2nd day using it I noticed my hair was shedding. I used the shampoo all over my body also. My body hair that i lost to Revita is growing back. How long will it take for my head hair to grow back. The only place that I did not use the Revita on are my arm pits and I have not lost any hair in that area. =P I used and stopped using Revita in June 2010.

Once again, How long will it take for my head hair to grow back? :confused:

Well it's been about 9 weeks since stopping Revita. None of my hair has grown back, but they say that the hair takes two to three months to come back after a shed so maybe some of the hair will come back soon. I really hope so because of the new shedding I just started experiencing from which I believe is the Avodart I started taking two months ago. My hair has never in my life been as thin as it is now. It's pretty much impossible to cover up my spiderweb thin hair now. I see major scalp when I raise my hair. Blow drying, powders, backcombing, etc. which worked a few months ago to hide my thinning, no longer work. I will keep you updated. I wish I had the money to sue Revita. I just hope that people who are thinking of getting on that poison will read threads like this and flush that crap. I will do my best to keep people updated as to whether my shedded hair comes back thicker, or comes back at all. I find it interesting that there are thousands of posts all over the internet with people writing these ranting posts about shedding like crazy. And yet I see almost no posts from these people saying one way or the other whether the shed hair came back. After their rants, these people just kind of dissapear from the forums. Maybe they off themselves after the traumatic shed.

Well it's been about 9 weeks since stopping Revita. None of my hair has grown back, but they say that the hair takes two to three months to come back after a shed so maybe some of the hair will come back soon. I really hope so because of the new shedding I just started experiencing from which I believe is the Avodart I started taking two months ago. My hair has never in my life been as thin as it is now. It's pretty much impossible to cover up my spiderweb thin hair now. I see major scalp when I raise my hair. Blow drying, powders, backcombing, etc. which worked a few months ago to hide my thinning, no longer work. I will keep you updated. I wish I had the money to sue Revita. I just hope that people who are thinking of getting on that poison will read threads like this and flush that crap. I will do my best to keep people updated as to whether my shedded hair comes back thicker, or comes back at all. I find it interesting that there are thousands of posts all over the internet with people writing these ranting posts about shedding like crazy. And yet I see almost no posts from these people saying one way or the other whether the shed hair came back. After their rants, these people just kind of dissapear from the forums. Maybe they off themselves after the traumatic shed.

REVITA = BAD

***I agree with you. I was on it (Revita) for 5 days in a row and I used it 2 times a day, then 2 days off of it. I did that routine 2 times. The 2nd day using it I noticed my hair was shedding. I should have stopped using it but I failed to do so. I used the shampoo all over my body also. My body hair that I lost to Revita is growing back. How long will it take for my head hair to grow back. The only place that I did not use the Revita on are my arm pits and I have not lost any hair in that area. I used and stopped using Revita in June 2010. I have to wear hats now, even when I sleep.

Once again, How long will it take for my head hair to grow back? Keep me and all of us posted. I will do the same.

Edited by JJA