To have or not to have

gat4

I am 29 years of age and I have already had 2800 grafts in December 2008. I would also like to mention that I am not any finasteride and don't intend to be though I am open to using Rogaine etc in the future.

Here's a video of me that shows you the condition of what my hair looks like at present. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z97spzLmU94

On the one hand I have been advised that I should delay my hair transplant as I have a good amount of natural hair and should try and preserve it. On the other I have been advised that with the latest technique hair transplant doctors use this would be of minimal concern.

It would be great to get your opinions on it.

I thank you for your time with this.

Regards,

Gat

Gat4,

Thank you for posting that helpful video. In my opinion, you could probably benefit quite a bit from finasteride (Propecia) and/or minoxidil (Rogaine) at your age. However, if you are interested in a second hair transplant procedure, I recommend a consultation with one of our recommended hair restoration physicians. Any of these excellent hair transplant surgeons will be able to analyze your current situation and make a professional recommendation (a medication regimen or second transplant procedure). Also, I think your hair looks quite good right now!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

gat4,

As I'm sure you already know, male pattern baldness is progressive. You've already had a hair transplant so why wouldn't you want to do your best to protect your investment?

In my opinion, you should definitely add Rogaine to your daily routine.

Rogaine in conjunction with Propecia provides a one-two punch and is the best insurance those of us with MPB can currently take advantage of.

This regimen may not only preserve your existing hair for some time but it may also grow you some new hair and postpone the need for another hair transplant.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website