scalp tattoos v dermmatch and dermmatch shampoo

looking at the amount of hits sclap tattoos has got it seems like alot of people would be interested if it wasnt such a permanent fix..iv started using dermmatch and i am impressed but it is a paining trying to put it on with out my room mates finding out..why cant dermmatch or one of the other concealers come up with a shampoo that cleans the hair but leaves the concealer on the scalp..im aware if you are only using the concealer twice a month instead of every other day they will loose money but i think if they have a dermmatch shampoo that you use every day or every other day that would make up for it..what do you guys think???

Personally, I think scalp tattoos or micropigmentation will be ok for when you're still young. It would be like a permanent DermMatch until you get over 50 or so years old. By that time, you won't have enough hair and the tinted scalp will show.

I agree that putting on DermMatch daily is getting old really fast for me as well. Plus, when you go on trips, your friends would probably find out when you're using the bathroom and they just walk in on you. Dammit!

looking at the amount of hits sclap tattoos has got it seems like alot of people would be interested if it wasnt such a permanent fix..iv started using dermmatch and i am impressed but it is a paining trying to put it on with out my room mates finding out..why cant dermmatch or one of the other concealers come up with a shampoo that cleans the hair but leaves the concealer on the scalp..im aware if you are only using the concealer twice a month instead of every other day they will loose money but i think if they have a dermmatch shampoo that you use every day or every other day that would make up for it..what do you guys think???

i saw the pics from ur ht in your blog and the post op looks a beauty. do u have any updates ? seems u are on 12 month mark.

• 1 month later...

John2009,

Please post updates of your hair Transplant. I am getting a HT from Dr. Wong soon and always like to see his results on patients to keep me from stressing out over it.

Not a huge fan of the tatooes. I had a friend that had that done a few years back and now his hair has diminished and he has these funky , irregular brown lines on his head that don't look so good. he told me people ask him if he has like a disease or something with his head causing the color changes. For some I'm sure it has done well; its all individual.

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru

• 2 months later...

Why would he have lines?

I think the way that is should be done would be to simply darken an entire area evenly and fade the color to the edge of the area. In addition, I would think that this would be a more effective solution AFTER a transplant IN THE TRANSPLANTED AREA. Therefore you would not lose the hair when you get older.

Any comments?

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

• 6 months later...

I hear you in regards to having to apply a concealer (I use Toppik) while people are in your apt and also when my girlfriend is in my apt too waiting for me to be done...not fun AT ALL...like i am leading a secret double life...crazy but true. This has literally led me to not sleep over her apt and other places as I have a phobia to shower at anyone else's place because I have to bring my Toppik and have my special routine to apply it...always worried that people will think i am up to something...fun fun! lol

It's such a pain to apply dermatch and toppik, not to mention the fear of getting caught and other factors. Don't even know if that stuff is safe to get in the eyes or to be inhaled accidentally. I think for the long term, scalp tattoos would be the best. I think after I am done getting the most out of hair restoration procedures, I might resort to scalp tattoos to fill in the gaps and other areas. But not all scalp tattoos can create natural looks. I have researched a lot and found a company in south west Florida that is able to create probably the best scalp tattoo procedure for hair loss sufferers and their quality is unmatched. I think they are unbeatable and the tattoos look very natural. I don't think I want to rely on toppik or any other concealer for the rest of my life to fill in any gaps, especially, if there is further hair loss/thinning after all possible hair restoration procedures. It's time consuming, can get expensive in the long term, and etc. Most people will probably end up paying thousands by the time they are senior citizens using that stuff and other hair care products.

I hear what you are saying...I never heard of scalp tattoo's until now...not sure how they work. Toppik is the best short term/long term solution based on your hair loss. Meaning if it is moderate and you are not completely bald, I think it is the best solution outside of a HT. It is definitely not ideal in terms of having people know u use it and applying it secretively but the pros outway the cons big time and I literally would have lost my 20's if I didn't use it. I have never left my house without it on...the only time i left my house without it on was for my 3 HT consultations...I felt horrible and soooo insecure walking around without anything on...and when i looked in a mirror I almost passed out from the shock of what I looked like.